Mr P, not following through...

So a while back I got the Torrent efan kit with his harness. The harness is problematic now. Fans stay on and a tap on the relay box usually stops them. I opened up the relay box and snapped pics of the over heated wire insulation, and he said he'd supply me with a new harness box (possibly other than the plastic one I got w/ the kit). I would have to return my old one, I said fine, it's pretty much a paper weight at this point. Well apparently this offended him because I get no responses. THIS IS BUSINESS! Not personal. I don't want my truck to go up into flames due to this failing component he fabricated.

I know he's got an excellent reputation on this and probably many other forums, but I really need him to follow through with what he said he was going to do.

Let the bashing begin if that's what you need to do, but if this leads to my truck being closer to 100%, so be it.

I've gotten plenty of helpful ideas on this forum and I'm sure I'll continue to do so. Take it easy guys and gals and just please try and put yourself in my situation, no matter how differently you may have replied, lol.

post-18600-0-44713200-1336571342_thumb.jpg

post-18600-0-20156000-1336571360_thumb.jpg

post-18600-0-44958900-1336571370_thumb.jpg

Mr.P hasn't (to my knowledge) been on this site in quite sometime, I assume he must be busy with something. How have you tried contacting him?

Correct, possibly not to name names but someone who is closer to him can provide you a cell # or something. He is a stand up guy from his forum reputation I have seen over the years.

Agreed with all of the comments above. Mr. P has been nothing but 100% stand up to me as well. I also have one of his kits which I have about 1 year on and approximately 30,000 miles on. I couldn't tell anything from the pics. Seemed out of focus or fuzzy. I can tell you that i had a problem (my own fault) and I was in the box to troubleshoot it and I can tell you this. Many of my wires showed signs of heat damage (right at each pin) as many (if not all) had been soldered after being crimped. I bet that is what you're seeing and I wouldn't worry about it if so. Post some better pics and we can all take a better look. Good luck and I'm sure Mr. P will take care of you. He is a busy guy like all of us.

Thanks for all the input guys and gals (?). I already have his phone # and I called a while back and got no return calls. I know he has an excellent reputation here and probably on several other sites. That's why I don't understand the lack of communication. I will say I hope all is well with him and his family and I hope to hear from him soon or just get the replacement box from him.

have you been able to pinpoint the problem? if its a wire or a relay i would try replacing it , its pretty cheap and will be a hell of alot faster. sometimes its easier to do it yourself than wait to send it back for replacement which i do agree is the right thing to do and im sure steve will come through.

have you been able to pinpoint the problem? if its a wire or a relay i would try replacing it , its pretty cheap and will be a hell of alot faster. sometimes its easier to do it yourself than wait to send it back for replacement which i do agree is the right thing to do and im sure steve will come through.

:withstupid:

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a relay, due to tapping on the box stops the fans from running when they continue to run with the key removed.

I could fix it, but he made it seem as if he might have a different relay box he uses now all together. That's why I'm holding out.

And chevyman5, no, don't wait on my account. I'm sure Steve will or has seen this and hopefully he will follow through...

i havnt seen steve on here in a while but hes never screwed anyone over on this site to my knowledge. ive met him also and i have a torrent kit i cant say anything but good about the fans. i hope this gets worked out for you

1. Your pics are not from wires getting hot. It is from the soldering torch melting the heat shrink when they were assembled. This is perfectly normal as the last harness we built (Steve and I) has the exact same marks. This is common with colored heatshrink and wire insulation. The heatshrink is adhesive filled and requires a good amount of heat to activate it. Also the ends of the relay connectors will also show that the wire insulation got hot. This is from soldering the relay connectors. The large power wire will show this thr most as it is assembled with a barrel connector and soldered with a map gas torch.

2. Steve doesn't have the phone number you have been trying to call him at. That number and phone were lost and he now has a new number.

I will forward this information to him as he is a very close friend.

If I were you I would troubleshoot the relays and replace the bad one. Then your problem is solved.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)