Mr P, not following through...

Correct me if im wrong, but if you know its as simple as a relay what was the point of taking the time to make a thread bashing Steve? For the amount of time it took you to sit down, type it all out, and follow this, you could of had the fans fixed. I cant see how the relay is any different than ones you would use normally. If anything get a part number off of it.

Again, if Steve was available to take your concern he would of 110% would of got back to you on it. He did a favor for everyone by putting together these kits but its obvious he has something going on that is more important which is life.

What I said about the wiring insulation damage should be present on all the pins that have been soldered or sealed with the heat shrink and isn't an issue.

That said, I'm thinking that is all ur experiencing with regards to the overheated harness and that your problem is a sticking relay.

A few things to look at though:

1: make sure fans are programmed to run correctly; i.e. not running where thermostat is still closed or partially open, etc. that could "potentially" cause the relay/wiring to overheat as the fans would run almost continously.

2: control wire (dk green or blue) shorted. I'm sure u didn't screw anything into the box so just make sure no wires are melted/pinched together

3: ck for signs of corrosion. Green, white or in some cases kind of a gray ashey look. U may see some in and around the connector but u want to look at the actual pin and it's corresponding female mate. If water and especially salt u could get corrosion and the corresponding resistance. This would equal heat and potentially ur problem. U should see obvious signs though. Not just a little surface damage on insulation. Post some better pics of all the wiring. Especially, the large wires. Good luck.

Although I don't have the torrent kit, I have been through 3 relays on my harness from another vendor. Have I tried to raise a stink about it.... No. I fixed the thing at a cost of less than $15 and always carry two with me in the glovebox.

3 points I'd like to make

1. A relay failure (if that is what has failed) is not Mr. P's fault. I'm sure he did not manufacture said relay.

2. A return phone call is a common courtesy in business.

3. This is the first HPM fan kit I have heard of failure, so I'm doubting this is a quality issue.