How to start planning my build

UsmcDuffner

I finally at the point where I can start picking up nice parts and really start working on my SSS but im not sure where to start the planning process. Im a decent mechanic but I dont know how to chose a cam, pistons, etc for what im wanting. Suggestions?

Talk to your local Machine shop and tell them what you are expecting, and they will give you options to make sure you go with the best combo that will not only make good power, but also stay within your budget.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Step 1 - Write down your goals and expected budget for your truck. Do you want to a reliable sunday cruiser, all out race truck, reliable daily driver, show truck, fast street truck, etc? How much money are you looking to spend? Once you figure that out, we can move on to Step 2......

I'm with Dan ^^^

You have to plan things out, with a budget, then you can begin picking parts.

We can tell you to throw a supercharger on it with an 80e swap, and a fully forged engine but is that what you can afford and want?

Just remember that supporting mods are just as important as the internal parts. Everything has to be thought through for your current needs and your future wants. Trust me that you can waste a lot of money by not thinking about the future in a build.