Just got D1 procharger installed

I just got a D1 installed along with prc heads cant remember the exact heads we put on, i've got id1000 70# injectors changed the fuel pump as well, cam is a 228R, its got ARH 1 7/8 with corsa sport exhaust, its all done on a 6.0, my problem is its backfiring in my exhaust, it feels like its happening when i give it just the right amount of gas and it also happens while i'm in boost, the lowest i've seen my fuel pressure go is 55psi, the most boost i've seen is around 11#, its got tr6 plugs in it right now with taylor 409 wires, and i have been thinking of changed the plugs and wires to see if that will help, i had it put on the dyno so my tuner could tune it, it ran like crap, i'm not sure if its in the tune or not, i've got a feelilng that my tuner may not be so good with boosted applications

10.8 sounds a bit rich...is that at WOT or the whole time its in boost (ie. 1-11psi)? hopefully Zippy will chime in with some tuning advice

That's at WOT, I thought about giving zippy a call, cause i know he has tuned a few trucks on here with prochargers

Pull the plugs and wires. Check the plugs for being broken, and wires for arcing or not seated on the plug or coil. If all looks good there, pull off the valve covers, and recheck your rockers for proper torque.

10.8 is pretty rich. The tuner might want to check the injector values again to make sure they are correct. Make sure the injectors were tuned for 58psi fuel pressure.

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

I agree, thats rich. Do as above and pull a plug or two and see if they smell like gas. Running too rich can wash out bearings and the cylinder walls. Pull the oil dipstick and smell it, if it smells like gas change the oil.

Does it smell rich when idling? Does it idle/hard to start? Possible bad tune or injectors not tuned in properly. My afr runs 11.5 to 11.7 under boost with my d1.

Yeah you can smell it, every once in a while it'll be hard to start

228R cam with a D1? Doesnt seem like a good cam choice for your choice in FI

Not saying this is your problem....

I was going to change it when I had everything else done, but texas speed told me the cam would be fine