Need brakes

BigTsBadSS

I don't know maybe cause the big wheels and the lead foot I got but I am doing them tonight.

I would guess that those MONSTER size rims of your might be causing some early wear.... how heavy are they?

I just rolled over 12k miles and my breaks still look about 70% :confused:

Damm that chevy :fume: They charge 220 for front pads for our SS thank god my boy works in the shop and I only paid 160 for them but thats alot of cash I could get performance pads for cheaper and I still have to do the back ones tomorrow and I don't know how much thoes are going to be. My front pads had about 3000 left in them but what I found wierd is the back pads were totaly shot there was about a hair left on them could not belive the back pads were so bad and my truck has 11600 miles on it . Time to give my gas peadle a break even tho on the way back I raced a FX35 and smoked him. I will never learn. :D

Damm that chevy :fume: They charge 220 for front pads for our SS thank god my boy works in the shop and I only paid 160 for them but thats alot of cash I could get performance pads for cheaper and I still have to do the back ones tomorrow and I don't know how much thoes are going to be. My front pads had about 3000 left in them but what I found wierd is the back pads were totaly shot there was about a hair left on them could not belive the back pads were so bad and my truck has 11600 miles on it . Time to give my gas peadle a break even tho on the way back I raced a FX35 and smoked him. I will never learn. :D

:eek: , for stock pads. Wow, you could get some performance pads and install them yourself for less. :thumbs:

:eek: Did anything change on the braking system for the silverado since '99? I did performance pads for $60. BTW, I got 98,000 miles out of my '99 before I needed the brakes done...and no, I wasn't easy on them. If I have to change my brakes before 60K I will be upset. I currently have 26K and they look above 75%. :chevy:

My brakes started to sqweak tonight and I got 11,500 miles when did you guys have to change yours.

Before you take it in for a brake job go to a car wash and use the high pressure wand and spray the rotors and calipers real good. Sometimes it's just brake dust causing the squeek.

Ray

My brakes started to sqweak tonight and I got 11,500 miles when did you guys have to change yours.

Before you take it in for a brake job go to a car wash and use the high pressure wand and spray the rotors and calipers real good. Sometimes it's just brake dust causing the squeek.

Ray

I did my brakes and when I took them of they looked like a pice of loseleaf paper my brakes were toatly shot.

Ray

I did my brakes and when I took them of they looked like a pice of loseleaf paper my brakes were toatly shot.

OUCH! I had one of our patrol cars have only about 10% left on one pad and all of the others were in the 70+% range. I guess it pays to check "all" pads when you have a brake inspection done. Hopefully you just had a bad set of pads. I've got about 18000 on my SS with no problems yet with the brakes.

Is warranty going to cover them?

Archived