Homemade Forced Induction System

Ok guys I know this may be the stupidest idea ever put on this site but I just have to have some opinions. I was thinking about rigging up a 20 or 30 pound air bottle and filling it to 100 psi or so and then attaching a regulator in front of a ball valve (hand valve) where it would be coming out of the tank. Picture this setup being inside the cab while taking a long ass air hose and running it from the bottle through the firewall and plumb in a nozzle to the air intake tube directly in front of the throttle body. In theory whenever you manually crack open the valve from inside the cab you have instant compressed air being forced into the engine and you would be able to regulate the psi by having the regulator to play with. I know most of you are probably laughing after reading this but is it at least possible? I just think it would be so cool and redneck as hell if this produced the same results as a blower.

Yea I can see why this wouldnt be such a good idea after all but it still sounds cool lol. Does anyone know of a way to rig up a system that would produce similar gains as to supercharging?

cams/heads/supporting mods- tune, exhaust, intake, and maybe a itty bitty 50 shot of juice would put you over a little pit. or look at it this way, slap a s/c on, but then what? you still aren't getting full gains with oem heads and cam on there anyway. find a starting point. mine was intake/exhaust/ then i was about to do a major head/cam swap that would have had a brutal idle and been as productive as a s/c.

but dont forget about the trans on these trucks. it has to take the abuse too.

ONe of the issues here is that as soon as you let the boost out of your bottle, it doesn't matter what your regulatro is set to, it starts to decompress imideatly. There is no way that you will be able to sustain boost in an open intake track... so I don't think your idea will work. You can try DEI though thats more promessing

ONe of the issues here is that as soon as you let the boost out of your bottle, it doesn't matter what your regulatro is set to, it starts to decompress imideatly. There is no way that you will be able to sustain boost in an open intake track... so I don't think your idea will work. You can try DEI though thats more promessing

this is what i was thinking also. i dont think it would do anything but piss your MAF off cause the air is going to take the path of least resistance (down the intake and out the air filter) there is now way it would create "boost". just buy a cheap n20 kit and be done with it if you need a quick fix.