Can I landspeed race here for a while?

garrell.770

Awesome story , thanks for sharing. I use to lived about 45 minutes from the old airstrip. Me and the wife went out to every event for quite a few years. We were sad to see it close up to auto events, we use to autocross out there also with the Tarheel and the Triad Sports Car Clubs.

Great story, keep us informed on your progress..............................

An article came out in this months HotRod Magazine about the inaugural Ohio Mile and it starts off calling me by name and spelled corectly, making the first pass down the Mile and gives my speed 132.267 the slowest I ran all day and that I set the first track record and the article ends on the oposite page mentioning I had been in a wheelchair up until fifteen months before the event and Doctors said I would never get any better and goes on and states that landspeed racing can be done by anyone, pretty neat my Brother says I started reading HotRod when I was around ten years old and I have subscribed to it about my entire adult life. Anyway I was going to retire from landspeed racing and have ordered parts to go to work on my Corvette and was going to dragrace at a pretty little track about 60 miles from home where I am aquainted with the family that built and owns now fifty years later. Anyway I have had emails and private messages from friends I met racing and on a LS racing forum all wanting me to go one more time and do a farewell run. Can you believe my Wife says why don't you and Luke, my fifteen year old Grandson, and David, my Brother in Law go back next April and set those other two records so high no one will ever break them so today I find myself thinking about what performance modifications I can/want to do and planning on going to Ohio next April. I will still do some dragracing this fall but there are two more LS records I can set which would give me and my SSS a total of six, not bad for a guy that my Doctors tried to get my Wife to put me in the hospital because it would be so difficult for her to care for me and she said NO that when he gets better he will be upset that he was ever in a home.

So I think I will keep her because she is also kinda pretty as well.

Garrell Patterson

• 1 month later...