Lost MPG with oil change

I was getting 17 mpg before I changed my oil. After the change I was getting 14. I dont know what the last place used for oil. So I think maybe I fouled a plug so changed those to E3. Picked up to 15.5. Still stumped any suggestions would help. Not my daily driver but still need more than 15 mpg.

Thanks

It would take some pretty thick oil to lose that many MPG. Plugs were a good idea, but I have heard bad things about the E3 plugs. I would suggest going back with some new OEM AC Delco plugs or some good NGK's. Hard to beat them. 15.5 is about all I get out of my SSS (exhaust and CAI). I would be elated to get 17 mpg!

This was the first oil change since I bought the truck. It was serviced by the carlot I got it from. Do my own maint. I would never go to a quick change place. Am changing the E3s this weekend.

Get those E3 shit out of your truck ASAP!!!!

^^^^^^^^Step number 1 get that E3 crap out.Go grab some 93 octane if available.Let the results speak.Maybe a fuel filter is due? 03s were the only years with replacable filters but I dont see that being the cause of such a dramatic drop in MPG's....still check out the fuel filter though.

^^^^^^^^Step number 1 get that E3 crap out.Go grab some 93 octane if available.Let the results speak.Maybe a fuel filter is due? 03s were the only years with replacable filters but I dont see that being the cause of such a dramatic drop in MPG's....still check out the fuel filter though.

So can replace them in the 05's

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

How about your oil filter? My pressure in engine oil dropped when I swapped over from a Hastings Premium Grade Blue Filter w/Mobil 1 5w-30 oil swithcing over to the Mobil 1 filter and same 5w-30 oil. I cant remember the oil filter (wether it was the bigger or smaller oMobil 1 filter) but the drop is oil pressure was noticable almost 2 notches on the guage. I might switch back to the Hastings Premiuim.

How about your oil filter? My pressure in engine oil dropped when I swapped over from a Hastings Premium Grade Blue Filter w/Mobil 1 5w-30 oil swithcing over to the Mobil 1 filter and same 5w-30 oil. I cant remember the oil filter (wether it was the bigger or smaller oMobil 1 filter) but the drop is oil pressure was noticable almost 2 notches on the guage. I might switch back to the Hastings Premiuim.

So can replace them in the 05's

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just want to clarify, im guessing you were speaking of the gas filter? 2003 ss trucks were the only year you can replace the stock fuel system's fuel filter on a service schedule. If so its just the way the system is setup. One system is returnless, I believe the other is not, I could be wrong. If not your speaking of, let me know.

I get my fuel filter replaced every 25k miles max.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)