did my transmission go?

Okay so this morning I noticed that I can only get to around 40 before the truck starts reving all the way to 5 or 6 thousand rpms. If I floor it it will go past 40. Also if I'm slowing down and then speed up it it does the same thing but at 20 MPH is it my tranny. I heard from someone that if your water pump gave out that your car will begin to rev really high. Any input would be appreciated. Also if it is tranny who should I go with flt or performabuilt

Sounds like tranny my wifes tahoe did the samething, does the fuild look? smell burnt? its not water pump just did you of those last month all it did was leak all over the place and you could here grinding bearings.

Okay so this morning I noticed that I can only get to around 40 before the truck starts reving all the way to 5 or 6 thousand rpms. If I floor it it will go past 40. Also if I'm slowing down and then speed up it it does the same thing but at 20 MPH is it my tranny. I heard from someone that if your water pump gave out that your car will begin to rev really high. Any input would be appreciated. Also if it is tranny who should I go with flt or performabuilt

FLT!!!!!!!!

Is your CEL on? Might be in safe mode from throwing a code, mine did same, let's hope for that 1st ! There is a local guy in Norwalk, Jerry's Transmission: myself, bruiser04 and ANGRYGREG recommend or PM me for another option.....

Yup so I need a new tranny right or can the clutch packs be replaced easily

yes the clutch packs can be replace. but easily not so much. a good part of the trans needs to be torn down to replace paks. plus the trans would need a good cleaning sense there is clutch material in the fuild which goes throughout the transmisson.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)