Just bought an 80e for 200 bucks!

Well like the title says I just picked up a 4x4 80e out of a running truck for $200. Unknown mileage but all the hard parts look to be in great shape and the fluid was decent in color and nothing looks/smells burnt. Time to take the plunge into the 80e swap since I'm just not confident with a 60e behind my motor anymore. Now I just have to gather up the rest of the swap parts and figure out what to put in the trans for internals. I'll get some pics up once I get the case cleaned up, looked like the motor this thing was behind had one hell of an oil leak!

Zach

Oh well I definitely needed it, I just got lucky! And not sure what year model it's out of. The guy I bought it from owns a speed shop and he had gotten it on trade from someone else. Only reason he sold it to me was because he had no use for a 4x4 Trans and already had two more 2wd 80e trannys out there. How can I tell what year it's from?

Nice score Zach.

I can't find a 4wd one around here for the life of me.

BTW I might have a local company make some billet input shaft adapters. They are a very well known gearbox manufacture for the BIG BOYS of monster trucks, offroad racing, offshore racing etc. Last time I talked to the owner he was really interested but didn't give me a price.

Nice score Zach.

I can't find a 4wd one around here for the life of me.

BTW I might have a local company make some billet input shaft adapters. They are a very well known gearbox manufacture for the BIG BOYS of monster trucks, offroad racing, offshore racing etc. Last time I talked to the owner he was really interested but didn't give me a price.

You mean the piece that TimeToKill used to sell on here? I really want to go that route rather than changing output shafts in the tranny. Just seems smarter and stronger to me.

Congrats Zach. My boss who owned a chevy dealership has like 4 or 5 laying around and I can take one for free but no need as Im completely stock. Throw that bad boy on and bring your truck to new pb's!

You mean the piece that TimeToKill used to sell on here? I really want to go that route rather than changing output shafts in the tranny. Just seems smarter and stronger to me.

Yeah the adapter he used to sell.

Congrats Zach. My boss who owned a chevy dealership has like 4 or 5 laying around and I can take one for free but no need as Im completely stock. Throw that bad boy on and bring your truck to new pb's!

an 80e for free??? Give one to me, please!!! :wink:

Edited by SSilverBeast (see edit history)

Well I'm having trouble getting ahold of Time2Kill about a transfer case adapter.... Does anyone else make the adapter for the transfer case like he had? I really don't want to change the output shaft on the transmission and make it smaller like the PATC adapter kit is. I'm in need to find one pretty quick!