Picked Up A New Project

diggerdan11

Not too bad looking of a classic truck.

Just don't go cheep on that outter grille shell. Pay that $500+ for the real GM deal, don't go with the chinese refabs. TRUST ME.

You will have to call around to find one, but the GM ones are still out there....

Yeah we wont skimp on the Grill. I figured replacing the grill might be the most expensive single part of this whole build not including the paint job.

The 69 Gill is my least favorite of the grills, but we will most likely put a stock one back on because thats the main thing that shows its a 69

69chev58265-1.jpg

Yeah we wont skimp on the Grill. I figured replacing the grill might be the most expensive single part of this whole build not including the paint job.

The 69 Gill is my least favorite of the grills, but we will most likely put a stock one back on because thats the main thing that shows its a 69

69chev58265-1.jpg

I don't think it was a TERRIBLE grille by any means.

On my '69 I added a 1971-72 Outter grille shell then the solid center billet insert. I used front fender side marker lights off a 1973-1980 GM truck and "hide" them behind the billet grill. This way they were only noticed when I used the turn signals. I was also able to keep the 1967-70 soild chrome front bumper (w/o the turn signal holes). :thumbsup:

I've even seen a few 1969-70 stock grille shells with the upper & lower billet grill inserts installed. Looked cool as well.....

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

I don't think it was a TERRIBLE grille by any means.

On my '69 I added a 1971-72 Outter grille shell then the solid center billet insert. I used front fender side marker lights off a 1973-1980 GM truck and "hide" them behind the billet grill. This way they were only noticed when I used the turn signals. I was also able to keep the 1967-70 soild chrome front bumper (w/o the turn signal holes). :thumbsup:

I've even seen a few 1969-70 stock grille shells with the upper & lower billet grill inserts installed. Looked cool as well.....

Yeah I was thinking about a 71-72 Grill with the billet as well. Im also thinking about painting the outter grill shell from a 71-72 to color match, then having the billet. I also like your idea of hiding the turn signals behind the grill. Right now it has the 71-72 bumper with the lights in the bumper, but the whole thing needs to be replaced.

If it was me, get a grille, drop it, black rims, drive it primered, looks siik like that :)

Yeah As soon as we get a grill and make sure all the lighting works, Im going to start driving it.

I would love to do black wheels, especially if we paint it that dark candy apple red color, I think it would look ( .)(. )

The biggest problem is convincing my dad. This is a project we are working on together so we will have to make compromises, and he hates black wheels. Says they look cheap even if they are 20" they still remind him of cheap black steel wheels people put on there vehicles in winter with there studded snow tires.

I'm with bad ass silvy....Im still rockin the primered look....not by choice but hey what can I do when my pockets are tryin to recover.....nice lookin truck..I like the rear wrap around window...I wish my 66 had that window

Ignore the pic of the Golf Cart. Behind it is my 69 C10. Other than the SSS these c10's are my favorite truck.

100_0882.jpg

Very Nice. I like the stock look with the Red and the White cab. I think thats what my dad would like to do.

Nice golf cart too