4l80e Swap Wiring

I have been looking but have been having a hard time figuring out what people are actually doing to convert from the 60e wiring to make it work with the 80e. The swap is going to be an a 04 awd ss. i do not want to do a segment swap if possible due to the lockup "issues" at less than 5% throttle. I would like to have the 60e tune modified if possible.

^^^ That requires a segment swap... You need to go to performancetrucks.net and look in the trans section. There is a fellow there that sells his wiring method to keep your stock tune, with efilive you can change trans gear ratios, hptuners cannot

here i done this swap myself and i took a ton of pictures.

this is the trans harness. next ill post the second speed sensor wire.

here is the trans clip you will be working with. on the clip you will be unpinning 2 wires and swapping one wire into a different spot and the other wire you wont be using.

IMG_8202.jpg

first you will need to remove the end of the plug. heres the tools i used while completing this task.

IMG_8197.jpg

It is quite simple to remove the white end cap. just take a knife blade pry it in between the white cap and the plug. it comes off easy.

IMG_8216.jpg

IMG_8217.jpg

then you will need to flip the plug over and remove the wire cover.

IMG_8206.jpg

IMG_8207.jpg

IMG_8208.jpg

on the back side of plug you will see letters next to each wire. the ones you will be work with will be the white wire ( wire S ) and the brown wire ( wire U )

In this picture you can see the white wire S and the brown wire U.

IMG_8213.jpg

What you will be doing with these wire is the following. you will need to unpin the brown wire U and the white wire S. the easiest way i found to do this was to flip the plug over and locate what wires you will be unpinning which is the brown wire U and the white wire S. after locating these wire you can push them through the end of the plug like so. you might need the pick tool to pry the plastic keeper way from the end of the wire. heres a few pictures of what they should look like.

IMG_8220.jpg

once you get the wire pushed through you will need the pick tool to pry up the little plastic keeper inside the plug. it keeps the wire from going back through the plug you need to pry it to the side and pull the wire back through the plug.

it should look like this once you get it backed out of the plug.

this is what the wires look like once removed. you will need to remove the white wire S and the brown wire U.

IMG_8228.jpg

now with these removed you wont be using the White wire for the 4l80 swap so you can either cut the end of the wire off and tape it up or i just bent it over and put a piece of heat shrink over it and tied it to the side. like so.

IMG_8234.jpg

IMG_6305.jpg

now you will just need to install the brown wire into the socket where the white wire came from which in hole S. so the brown wire will now be going down through the S hole on the harness like so.

IMG_8230.jpg

after the wire is push all the way through plug make sure the wire gets pushed all the way down into the socket and the the plastic keeper clip holds the wire into place. you might need to use the pick tool to pry the keeper into place. after you have done this pull on the brown wire just a bit to make sure its secured into the socket. after that you can now put the plug back together your now done with this harness.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Ok now time for the second speed sensor wiring. this is also a simple task to complete. you can either buy a second speed sensor wire from a company like raptor transmissions or i got one from a spare truck harness i had laying around.

so you will be adding the second speed sensor wire into the green side of the PCM harness. the PCM is located under the hood on the drivers side. in between the fuse box and the head light right by the battery. its just down from the battery. it should have a black cover over it. you will just need to remove the black cover and unbolt the green side of the harness.

first of all the is how you install the second speed sensor wires.. this is the wiring harness that plugs into the the PCM. this you will be working with the green side of the PCM connectors.

here is what it looks like without touching is.

IMG_8244.jpg

next you will need a pick tool or flat head of some sort. on each side if the green connector there will be a small white clip you will need to press in and slowly pull up. the green deal will pop off.

IMG_8245.jpg

this is what it looks like after you get it off.

IMG_8246.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg

on the back side of this clip where all the wires enter the connector you will need to find the empty spots 22 and 23. these will have a small rubber deal to keep water out. with these you need to poke the holes out with your pick tool.

IMG_6090.jpg

heres what they will look like before you poke them out.

IMG_8242.jpg

after poking these holes out you need to run your second speed sensor wires into the two spots.

heres the speed sensor wires you will be installing into these hole you poked out

IMG_6082.jpg

the red wire will need to go into the hole 22 the blue will need to go into hole 23. just push them through and make sure the clip in.

like so

IMG_6066.jpgheres the other side of the connector

IMG_6075.jpg

IMG_6073.jpg

then your done with this part after these are installed. just put everything back together. your done with the speed sensor part.

this is all pretty simple just takes time. if you have any other questions fill free to ask me.

this is all pretty simple just takes time. if you have any other questions fill free to ask me.

^^^ both those nethods require a segment swap, which the op does not want to do... There is a way useing two relays to do a 80 swap and keeping the 60e tune

oh sorry i didn't even know there was another way of doing the swap. i was just tryin to help out my bad. :banghead: