Rust Proofing?

shopman1

Does anyone still rust proof? If you look under the wheel wells and or the box pannels etc. you will see that its just painted. I know that in the past somtimes the rust proofing created rust between the product and the medal. So, just looking for some thoughts on this subject.

no, cuz its crap.... Actuually it made certain parts rust faster if its done shotty... Cuz it makes the moisture run fro where its coated, but that means forcing more onto areas not done... BAM... rust spot... The only thing they do now is undercoating and even that is a waste of money cuz it costs the dealer like $30 and they charge you like $300, but then they're like "we'll throw it in for fee!" god i love car buying games....

-Joe

I have always gotten my truck undercoated once a year in fall just before the winter. However i never get the dealer to do it. I will always take it out to the professions that handle all the classics and sports cars to do it for me and I have never had a problem since i have gotten my vechiles undercoated.

bob

• 3 weeks later...
:P I purchased a rust proofing system from Eastwood and will do it myself. All the companies want lots of money to take care not to have tuns of overspray or just will not do it and most likly feel that I am a pain. So, I will do it. You get the gun, several wands, the drill, the plastic plugs and two types of rust proofing material. One for inside doors, sills etc and the other for under the vehicle. Rock on.

As someone stated above it was a high profit item for the dealers. They rusted out just as quick here in Maine with rustproofing as they did without. I have not seen a vehicle rustproofed up here for alot of years now.

Archived