A/C issue

Doughty08

My a/c blows cold only while driving or above 1500rpm. Wondering if anyone has the same issue and it just needs to be recharged or if my compressor is going out. I'm in ga and the temps are up there but does it in the fall as well when it was cooler outside. Thanks for any input

I agree with above. any freon you buy at the parts store is more cons than pros. You dont know how much freon you have in your system,and how much you need other than a alittle flimsy guage. Honestly any parts store will tell you what you want to hear to make the dollar. Go get the system checked professionally so its not damaged.

one of the biggest issues is lack of air flow across the condenser at idle/low speed.. make sure your condenser fins are clean of dirt, leaves, dead bugs, or what ever. the best fix is E-fans. they will pull more cfm than a clutch fan at low rpm/speed. having your system checked by a PRO is still good advice..

good luck

I am having the same issue. Pressure is good. I have also been told that the gauges you can buy may read good but sometimes they still need to be blown down and recharged. Hopefully it's something simple.

• 2 weeks later...