Traded for an SS Today!!!!!!!!

rmcswain

Took a vacation day and traded for a Black SS :D Dealer was about 130 miles away and drove it over all kinds of roads. Steep twisting mountain roads, city, rural, interstate. She handled exceptionally well in the mountains on very curvy roads. :thumbs: Didn't realize all the "goodies" that are on the SS. Salesman explained all the features, but will probably have to visit the manual until I understand all of them. GM stated with the SS they were trying to hit the "sweet spot"with this truck and I believe they delivered. :cheers: Gas mileage seems to be decent as I drove over 160 miles today and still have well over a half a tank, almost 3/4 tank left. Gas guage may sink fast from this point on, we will just wait and see. Speaking of gas, I believe all of us realize "premium" gas is required for the SS, but the salesman insisted GM doesn't recommend premium and that "plus" or the middle grade of gas is fine. :confused:

Is it premium or plus???????

Finally, I didn't really get on the truck today just cruised around, but did hit passing gear once. I'm pleased. If realibility isn't a negative factor, I believe I will be very satisfied with this truck for years to come. I've rambled enough---------later :jester::cheers::chevy::flag:

It's an SS dude. Fill er with the good stuff! I believe I have heard that Chevron has the best refining methods around for cleaner gasoline. Often their octane levels are higher then the minimum posted at the pump. However, wherever or whoever I heard that from may have sourced it from pro Chevron propoganda. :wtf:

Speaking of gas, I believe all of us realize "premium" gas is required for the SS, but the salesman insisted GM doesn't recommend premium and that "plus" or the middle grade of gas is fine. :confused:

Is it premium or plus???????

:P Always believe what the manual says in writing.

:rolleyes: Question what the dealer tells you.

:crazy: Never believe anything a salesman says.

i agree, half the guys i work with i wouldn't let give advise to a relative, let alone directly to my own car. as for the salesman, only advise to get from him is how much. that's more than most can handle.

Archived