Low oil pressure

Hey guys have a 04 lq4 changed the oil pump to a ls6 oil pump that has been milled down by texas speed changed out oil sending unit changed out the oil tube and still have low oil pressure wat can It b

What was the reason for switching out the pump? And what was it milled down for. On occasion the bypass valve will get a piece of debris stuck in the bore and not let the valve close. This allows the oil to be bypassing all the time.

What is the pressure your getting at idle? Any lifter sounds or anything else sound abnormal?

The reason y I changed it out was cuz my gauge read 20 psi at idle so I bought a tsp oil pump and swapped it out with the oil sending unit and the o ring and the tube that is bolted to the pump. When I start it in the mornings the oil pressure is at 40 psi but when the truck been used for long time of period the pressure drops to 20 psi at idle also my gauges r messing up cuz the fuel always says I am out if gas even though I already put some and the needle from the oil pressure has a twitch to it and the temp gauges goes up and down so I don't know if it's the gauges or something wrong with motor. Sometimes in the morning the motor has a knocking to it but goes away or like if I have been using it and it warm already and I start it it starts knockin

how many miles do you have on the motor? have you done a cam swap? years back a couple people were having oil pressure issues, and it turned out to be spun cam bearings. i know you don't want to hear that...sorry

good luck

Kinda sounds to me like a spun or worn out bearing. I'd do an oil change on it and cut open the filter to see if there are any signs of bearing material in there, then check the oil and drain plug for the same.

I think it is cuz when I changed the pick up tube took out the pan and cleaned it out and saw some shavings and that's when I got really worried but still decided to go with the oil pump replacement