LQ9 radix

MID12sSSS

yeah. I was curious of what the mp112 would push the LQ9 to. Zippy called me yesterday a little upset. Haha. I bought a full forged rotating assembly for stock cubes. He said he couldnt figure out why anyone would spend that much money on a rotating assembly, when for the same price, i could have stroked it, bored it, and bought a rotating assembly for a forged 408. I wanted to keep the truck SC and knew the radix was too small for a 408. Didnt have the cash for a TVS2300. Maybe one day ill do a 427 build, but for now, i think itll be a good daily driver. I put a rod through the side of the old LQ9, so i went forged. Bit of an overkill, but it should run forever. Plus, ill probably lose the mp112 and go with a procharger. I can drop the compression a tad and boost the piss out of it. It should handle it quite nicely.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the radix added 30-60% more hp so the minimum gain is around 100 hp i believe

This is a good read i even think its talking about our trucks

http://www.hiperform...perchargers.htm

"I will add that I really like this kit. It's a lot less complex and less expensive then the intercooled kits yet provides a lot of performance. The 5th Generation supercharger used in the kit is probably the best Roots supercharger ever made. It's adds a lot of power right off idle all the way up to redline, yet doesn't have any significant effect on fuel economy. It's also super reliable. The only maintenance it needs is an oil change every 100,000 miles!"

Is the last part a typo?

"I will add that I really like this kit. It's a lot less complex and less expensive then the intercooled kits yet provides a lot of performance. The 5th Generation supercharger used in the kit is probably the best Roots supercharger ever made. It's adds a lot of power right off idle all the way up to redline, yet doesn't have any significant effect on fuel economy. It's also super reliable. The only maintenance it needs is an oil change every 100,000 miles!"

Is that last part a typo?

Does he make them for the 112?

I read on a dodge forum of all places that his spacer is good for at least 100 extra ponies is that possible?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I definitely wouldn't say that. But it does help by reducing the IAT temps so you are not sucking in hot air. I would say the spacer and the 102mm tb your could get about 50hp or so.

yeah. I was curious of what the mp112 would push the LQ9 to. Zippy called me yesterday a little upset. Haha. I bought a full forged rotating assembly for stock cubes. He said he couldnt figure out why anyone would spend that much money on a rotating assembly, when for the same price, i could have stroked it, bored it, and bought a rotating assembly for a forged 408. I wanted to keep the truck SC and knew the radix was too small for a 408. Didnt have the cash for a TVS2300. Maybe one day ill do a 427 build, but for now, i think itll be a good daily driver. I put a rod through the side of the old LQ9, so i went forged. Bit of an overkill, but it should run forever. Plus, ill probably lose the mp112 and go with a procharger. I can drop the compression a tad and boost the piss out of it. It should handle it quite nicely.

If your looking for a procharger I may be interested in trading my procharger kit for your maggie. It is a complete polished kit and only has 7000 miles on it.

Put a procharger on it, then absolutely. Ive seen my same setup in camaro's pushing 650 to the tires.

I built a Fully forged LQ9 6.0 and am only running a maggie. I would love to put a procharger kit on it, because like everyone else, i want to go faster. And i had an awesome offer on a trade. Just gotta look into it some more.

:peelout:

Do you happen to have a link to that camaro???

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)