look at what I picked up for $50.00

RaMoN_88_SS

I got this saturday at work. One of our techs was moving to a different company and when he was loading up his toolbox with the forklift he dropped it..It has a few scratches and the handles on the drawers are bent..but it locks and the drawers open and close just fine. He is one of those short tempered kind of people...He was so pissed he kept saying he was gonna throw it away..So I offered to buy it, I asked him how much and he said $50.00...I asked him like 10 times if he was sure. I'm sure he regretted it the next day but hell its about time I win one. The following week I showed a picture of it to my Matco guy so I could get a lock for it and he offered me $400 for it..I looked it up and similar boxes on Matco are going for $3,000

106ff97d.jpg

Congratulations Jose.

It is nice to win one every once in a while.

Thanks...I kinda feel like I stole it...but I sure was lucky

Damn, just drop out with the forklift the other way and even it out lol jk. Nice grab

Lol I just took some pliers and I put some a cloth on the teeth and I slowly bent it back into place...you can definately tell its been damaged but I don't mind one bit

Not sure yet..its extremely heavy without tools I can't imagine with tools...defineatly needs to be HD...what size do suggest..it would be nice to frame some doors and wrap the whole thing with sheet metal..you cam definately never have enough tools...I have more tools than some of the techs at work lol

Good deal can't have enough tools and tool boxes lol. What you gonna use to make yr bench some 1/4 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/2?

I'd frame it out with some angle for sure and weld it up. Brace it right and you won't have to use alot it's pretty man strong. You can go 3/16 if you want. Would def go at least 1 1/2 tho so u have room to mount yr flat paneling.