Am i stuck with this code?

SSenvy

Alright, 2 months ago, i bought Jrocks CAI, which works fine btw, but about a week after, i started getting code P0101. Its kinda random when it comes on. COde PO101 Is a generic code for mass airflow performence blah blah. Yes i cleaned the MAF sensor already ( 2 times in 7 months actually ), i never had this code with stock intake.

Am i stuck having to clear the damn code every couple weeks? will it eventually stop coming on, after the computer relearns?

Kinda curious if anyone has had similiar issues, or a fix for this... truck runs fine when the code comes up, i just hate seeing a the damn CEL.

Installing a CAI should not cause any CEL's if installed properly, the larger volume of air shouldn't be enough to make the MAF "freak out". Check to make sure you do not have any loose clamps or any sort of a vacuum leak from the MAF all the way up to the throttle body...

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Installing a CAI should not cause any CEL's if installed properly, the larger volume of air shouldn't be enough to make the MAF "freak out". Check to make sure you do not have any loose clamps or any sort of a vacuum leak from the MAF all the way up to the throttle body...

X2 I had my CAI on for 2years before I got my tune and never got a CEL.

This.

I had a intake in my 2001 for 3 years and no codes. I had the intake in my SS for several months before a tune and no codes. I have had that code before, and I cleaned my MAF ant it went away.

I am having the same problem with my 03, I have the K&N CAI. The light comes on every now and then during normal driving but comes on EVERY time I tow our enclosed trailer, usually within the first 10 miles or so. I have cleaned and checked and rechecked every thing, and have decided to go ahead and put my original back on as soon as I get a chance.I would sure like to leave the K&N on there but it just gets annoying, especially when we're towing out of town and the light comes on 10 minutes into the trip. So if anyone knows the fix, I'd be glad to hear it, thanks..

Edited by Keystone08 (see edit history)

Well, i pulled my Volant all apart, and re checked everything, and re tightened everything. Honestly, everything looked fine, and Its really hard to install a CAI wrong lol, it either fits together, or it dont. With that said, i recleaned my MAF, tightened the hell out of the clamps this time, triple checked everything, so we will see. Keystone, Mine would also set off while towing my boat also. Mainly when getting on the throttle above 50% power. Punch In Code P0101, after installing CAI< and you will see this is actually a very common Issue. Im gonna give er hell to get it fixed, and when i do, I will let you know what i did to get it under control.

I hate seeing my CEL come on, and go... well its just P0101... but what if its not? So, i end up going to oreilys or whatever, even though im 99% sure what it is... to see whats up.

Ok, i have an update. After doing some research, and looking at my Instructions my used kit came with, I was missing 2 gaskets. Theres 2 gaskets that sandwhich between your MAF sensor and the airbox, 1 on the inside, 1 on the outside of box. I told the guy at Volant yeah, im getting a check engine light ever since i installed this, his next response was... aww yeah, was it code P0101? lol..... He said yep, that is why. I didnt even buy the kit new from them, and they sent me new gaskets today to alaska for free, didnt even want a dime.... im impressed to say the least! When i get the gaskets in, i will let ya know for sure if that was the problem!