Full synthetic oil

EmoWalrus05

Give it a shot man I bet you will love it. It's great stuff. Royal purple I have never used so I can't really comment on it. I do believe in amsoil products tho. Each to there own tho. The 5w-30 signature series 25k oil is what I use.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it a shot man I bet you will love it. It's great stuff. Royal purple I have never used so I can't really comment on it. I do believe in amsoil products tho. Each to there own tho. The 5w-30 signature series 25k oil is what I use.

Set up an account and found that oil that your using.

How often are you changing with this oil and what do you use for a filter?

I also use there filter is a little more but I get it all in one shot. I change mine when I change my lady's. she does a lot of idling and driving. Prob average of 7months. So prob 4k miles for me and 8 or so for her.

I too, use the signature series. You need to buy a "synthetic oil filter" I've only found 3 decent filters here in Canada. K&N, amsoil, and Mobil 1.

K&N number 1007. If you want the longer corvette filter I believe the number is 2006

Mobile 1 number 107. Corvette filter in mobile 1 is 206

Not sure about amsoil, I've only ever used their filter once.

I also use there filter is a little more but I get it all in one shot. I change mine when I change my lady's. she does a lot of idling and driving. Prob average of 7months. So prob 4k miles for me and 8 or so for her.

Thanks again Jason. :thumbsup:

I too, use the signature series. You need to buy a "synthetic oil filter" I've only found 3 decent filters here in Canada. K&N, amsoil, and Mobil 1.

K&N number 1007. If you want the longer corvette filter I believe the number is 2006

Mobile 1 number 107. Corvette filter in mobile 1 is 206

Not sure about amsoil, I've only ever used their filter once.

Gotta confess; I'm feeling a little dumb cause I didn't know they made special filters for synthetic till I started checking out the Amsoil site.

Thanks a lot for the part #'s on the filters. I am especially stoked to have the # for the long filter. (Really don't like those shorty's, much). :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

JC03SS (Jason), do you use the same weight fluids in both your differentials, or run the different weights that our manual recomends? I saw they have both recomended weights for front and rear diffs, but I do not know the specifics on the lube. Ive been contemplating switching over to Amsoil fluids completely (I have no complaints about stock synthetic though, but agree Mobil 1 gets dirty in 1000 miles). I am due for major service before April 1st due to condensation build up from storing it.

I use 75 90 severe gear oil in both. No complaints if I'm not mistaken supposed to be 80 90 in the rear I'm not 100%. But I do use the same in both. It's been in the rear awhile now. I'm gonna change it soon because I'm gonna stud the rear and put a new cover. No complaints here I really like there products.