Ultravision HD

f1ss

So my father first mentioned in 08 that their was new technology making HD tv's look like regular definition tv's. I 1st commented on this television here in 08 with no response.

Long story short this was being produced in Portland, Maine at Best Buy. The TV is 82 or 83 inches, and 5 times more clarity than 1080p. I am not sure which powers this TV (LED, LCD, DLP etc).

So whoes going to be the 1st to drop 22grand on this new TV? I cannot provide pictures but my dad told me to watch the news one day this past month and their it was, the new Ultravision HD 82inch TV that was at the Best Buy in Portland, Maine.

And yes I know this thread is worthless without pictures...

I honestley cannot comment on the make, and I dont know what powers it. I just know my dad had access to it. They did mention the company on the news but due to surgeries on the horizon meds got my memory mashed up on specifics. It wasnt open to the public, I believe it is now. I will ask if he can grab some pictures (not sure if they will even allow). I plan on taking another trip up to Portland to see it myself. I have a 63inch, 82inch watching hockey would be life altering lol, no need to go to "tha Garden" anymore unless its the Stanley Cup Finals.

And congrats to LA Kings, their goalie J. Quick went to school and my buddy new him.

Thank you for the clarification guys, you can never trust newspeople their like rats and will say anything to better their coverage/ratings. I wouldnt have believed it if it werent for my fathers heads up in the fall of 2008. And yes Sony does sound familiar. So I guess we can all get ready to rid our 1080ps within the next 10 years, who knows.

Was the price you found $22,000 XXssmaniacXX?

Have you seen at your movie theater they have Sony 4k cinemas. That is what is it. 4k x 2k projector that's usually around 4ft tall and is somewhere in the 10s of thousands. The new pro line of onkyo receivers I sell (integra) has processors capable of 4k. So it should be right around the corner.

And sooner than I could've ever thought.

45 minutes ago Sony released their tv!

http://m.cnet.com/reviews/sony-xbr-84x900/35431618

31,000 estimated price

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

Come to think of it I saw a story about this t.v. on the news last week and they were commenting on how large its dimensions are.

Rest assured someone probably has on hanging on their wall by now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2