Nitro Meth

So I watched fast and the furious (4) last night and they run the ford torino with nitro meth injection in that one. I did some digging and found that some corvette guys are running the R/C car nitro mixed in for about 7% total. They claim 85 extra horse with just a couple degrees of timming and a fuel remap. Anyone out there heard of or done this?

As opposed to nitro meth eating away at your fuel system? Nitrous is safe if its setup correctly and you know your engine's limit and know how it works and what adjustments to make.

Cheap, fast, reliable. You can only pick two

But nitrous is hard on stock motors, is it not? Im just not a fan of the instant burst so i would like to find a power added thats like FI but without fi haha

This is why I hate this movie. It gives the illusion of everything that isnt true. Nitrous is safe IF if is used right. It gets a bad name because people dont know how to use it. They install it thinking thats all they need just like in the movie and melt an engine. Then they say it is bad for a car and give that illusion to everyone else. Everyone also thinks nitrous is flammable because they make a car blow up from shooting the tanks. Again, not true.

As gay as those movies are im supprised they dont plasti dip a car in it or something.

Running Nitro has been around for a while...most commonly used as a supplement in a methanol/water injection system on a turbo / supercharger application. Snow performance actually sells some in a little bottle and claim 50HP. Nitro methane is fuel that has an oxidizer chemically bound to the hydrocarbon. When under a combustion situation, the nitro is, in a way, similar to just adding more fuel and oxygen to the combustion chamber in a tight little package.

FYI, instead of buying the Snow Performance version of nitro, just go to a hobby store and buy the RC car nitro. Be very careful though...nitro is no joke, exact mixtures is essential. This is where the R&D at Snow comes into play.

FYI, instead of buying the Snow Performance version of nitro, just go to a hobby store and buy the RC car nitro. Be very careful though...nitro is no joke, exact mixtures is essential. This is where the R&D at Snow comes into play.

Im not one to quote or question Kevin, but please please dont mistake this as "octane booster" you buy off the shelf in parts store and stuff in the tank. It is not a novice item and the stuff performed in the movie fast and the humorous isnt real life.

The last nitro fuel i bought for my r/c cars was $20 a gallon. It's up to over $30 a gallon now.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZZ25&P=ML

Plus shipping. Wouldn't it be cheaper to go to the airport and get plane gas?

And Brian is right. Movies make shit up.

Remember Mad Max where he flipped a switch and turned the roots blower on? :lol:

Yea, I know movies are fake. And i know it wont fry a motor instantly, just in my mind a 100hp burst at peak rpm seems like a lot of stress for an instant hit on a motor. Thats why i want something that will give me 50-75 hp the entire spectrum because i cant afford a pro charger or anything of that sort.