MP112 need more!!

Ok here is my problem. My truck has a 3000stall fully built 4l65e tranny, 4:56 gear ratio, cammed and heads shaved 20 thousandths with ls7 springs and comp pushrods and much more little stuff just look at my sig. It has a Radix MP112 with a 3" pully and it just seems to loose breath at about 70 give or take a couple miles an hour. I don't have the money right now to throw a 5-6K new tvs at it right now. I looked at having it built to a mp122 but magnacharger doesnt do it anymore. I guess my question is.

What can I do to get more out of this MP112?

What do you guys recommend?

-throttle body stock polished one to a 90mm

-from 42lb injectors to 60lb

-methanol injection

-smaller pulley yet. 2.8"?

Any one still upgrade MP112 to a Mp122?

I just kinda at a cross roads and need some help on what to do next.

On a side note I totally smoked my buddies WS6 T/A from 0-100. I had him by 4 truck lengths but he closed fast as I hit 65-70. I ended up beating him by a truck length. :peelout:

Get a 90mm jtube and tb. And pulley down.

Also ask whoever is doing your tuning and see what your injector duty cycle is and if its over 80% then get 60# injectors.

And why are your heads milled? boost likes low compression, might want to switch those to stock ported&polished heads and maybe try out the custom spacer one of the members here makes, look at Silverado777's build to see what i'm talking about.

Edited by The_aSSet (see edit history)

Get a 90mm jtube and tb. And pulley down.

Also ask whoever is doing your tuning and see what your injector duty cycle is and if its over 80% then get 60# injectors.

And why are your heads milled? boost likes low compression, might want to switch those to stock ported&polished heads and maybe try out the custom spacer one of the members here makes, look at Silverado777's build to see what i'm talking about.

I had them milled for N/A and a cam and later put a maggie on it. When I had them milled I only milled .020 for a little extra compression making close to 10.7.1 and with the smaller boost producing mp112 I figured I could use less boost and get the same gains than with less compression and more boost.

Any idea where I can get a 90mm j-tube for a mp112 and a good TB?

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

drop that thing down to the 2.8 and get some #60 injectors that should really show a big difference. 90mm jtube and throttle body would be a good mod also. i would do that first and see if its good enough for you. if not definitley slap a small shot on it

Any one have the part number or link for me to buy the right matching 60# or 70# injectors that install in my mp112. and a place to buy a 90mm j-tube and TB????

FYI, Once I buy some #60lbs injectors my #42lbs'ers will be up for sale. There maybe 1000-1500 miles on them.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

TB can usually be found for a good price on ebay, and the J-tube you can get directly from magnacharger. I've looked at swapping to the 90mm setup myself but haven't done it you will also need the x-link for the TB to work correctly....i'm running a 2.8 pulley on stock injectors, although i don't know what the duty cycle is, also a meth kit will make a big difference too.

I am going to say that you need to control you IAT before you add more mods to your truck. IF you add more mods, your IAT will get out of control and basically negate any further modding. By your post, that is probably why your hitting a wall at 70mph. Also you might want to consider using meth to bring down your IAT. but that is questionable.

ill buy the #42's off ya when u get that far

Sorry bro I already sold them to someone on this site... I bought some 60# ones and a 2.8"pulley and had my PCM retuned by wheatley. I gotta say what a world of difference she spins the tires for second off the line then spins them again when second gear hits lol I am very pleased...

get a spacer...will help with the heat and give a little volume in the runners. IMO start saving, b/c if its out of air you are going to have to get a larger SC...reguardless of what you add now.

Not quite sure what a spacer is, I know what a TBS is but they are worthless from what I hear, please enlighten me and please if you can tell me where i can buy one... Thanks a bunch..

Best question to answer this is what does ur tune say? Out of fuel? IATs to high?

I dont know how to check my tune since it is a mail order tune from wheatley. Is there a way for me to check it at home or in my home town? As for fuel I decided to change my fuel filter just for kicks and giggles and found that it was the OEM one from ACDelco that has been discontinued and was hard to blow through. So I put a Napa gold in. Maybe that was the problem all along, I guess I needed more fuel and with the injectors, new tune, and fuel filter she runs strong. I'd like to put that so called spacer in if I new where to get one as well as Meth this spring. Thanks a bunch.

Sorry bro I already sold them to someone on this site... I bought some 60# ones and a 2.8"pulley and had my PCM retuned by wheatley. I gotta say what a world of difference she spins the tires for second off the line then spins them again when second gear hits lol I am very pleased...

Not quite sure what a spacer is please enlighten me and please if you can tell me where i can buy one... Thanks a bunch..

I dont know how to check my tune since it is a mail order tune from wheatley. Is there a way for me to check it at home or in my home town? As for fuel I decided to change my fuel filter just for kicks and giggles and found that it was the OEM one from ACDelco that has been discontinued and was hard to blow through. So I put a Napa gold in. Maybe that was the problem all along, I guess I needed more fuel and with the injectors, new tune, and fuel filter she runs strong. I'd like to put that so called spacer in if I new where to get one as well as Meth this spring. Thanks a bunch.

Anyone with HPTuners or EFILive can do a log for you, send it to whatley and maybe get an updated tune if need be