Would you buy your SSS all over again?

E U G

Im sorry your having issues with your SSS. I have almsot 90K miles on it and have never had a single major problem. My heated seats stopped working but thats minor issue

I had the steering wheel clunk fixed right after I got it but I knew about this problems that all GM trucks have before I bought it. GM knows they messed up with the steering wheel and I think they had a recal. Besides that I have no issues with the tranny, diff, engine or anything

Yeah, I forgot to mention the heated seats. Driver's side doesn't work.

Just got pulled over today and found out the right blinker trailer light doesn't work. Not the actual light on the trailer, it's not getting the signal from the 7-pin connection in the back. I'll start another thread on this in the appropriate section, hopefully someone can help me out. Just spent the last hour trying and got no where...

One thing after another with this truck...

I sold my Magnum SRT8 and a little Nissan pickup and bought the SS. Biggest reason is the real wheel drive on both vehicles and didn't feel safe taking the 4-yr old in the rear jumper seats of the Nissan. I need a truck for all the remodeling projects we have on the house, wanted 4X4 or AWD for the Mt. Hood/Bachelor and the rain here in Portland, and a hitch for the boat and travel traveler. The SSS seemed like the perfect all-in-one solution. Being a "fast" pickup made it better, and not seeing many around (only saw one other one since buying) was icing on the cake.

I would agree a 10-year old car/truck needs maintenance, but I would call oil changes, timing belts, etc "maintenance". Rebuilding differentials, fixing the instrument panel (still can't believe this had to be done), transmission issues, steering wheel clunk (never even heard of this before this truck) etc are a little unusual. My previous cars/trucks were made between 1983 and 2008 and none had any serious issues. Just ordinary maintenance issues. Maybe I have been lucky up until now, but I just don't think a newer (2000+) truck should have these types of issues. Maybe in the 80's...

I guess I'm just a little disappointed in what could've been the "perfect truck" for me. :(

Still pretty damn close though...

Did you buy from a dealer or a private party? I think the previous owner must have drove it pretty hard and not taken the best care of it. It's just gonna take some tlc to get it back into shape, oh and a little doe too. It'll be alright man. I can understand the disappointment though.

I did buy my truck all over again after my accident. I bought the exact same truck color and all. Had a trans issue at 75K but it was still under warranty. The intermediate steering shaft is $60 and takes 5 min to install. I would do it all over again.

Ok, well, I guess I'll be the first to say hell yes I would. I love my truck. Not only is it a bad ass truck, but there is just something about a man having a full size truck. If I didn't have my truck I would just feel like something was missing.

See, I like this reply , n what makes me stay on this site because guys like this, that just inspire you to know when u got something good , and enjoy it while you can, and let your nuts hang n not give a damn !!!

All of that should've been taken care of at a dealership if you got it from one, and probly would've been beneficial to get an extended warranty if they offered it. Mine has had 0 problems besides my tinkering with it

I agree with you aSSet, things should be taken care of by the dealerships... I WOULD go back and do it all over again if I was afforded the opportunity and as some others stated do the mods a bit differently... when I bought mine the previous owner had installed a home made lowering kit on the rear end, when he put it all back together the rear axel was not in straight. on top of that, his lowering kit caused the housing to tilt so far forward that everytime the driveshaft spun it was literally beating the heads off the bolts holding it all together. anyways, the dealership i bought it from woudnt fix it unless i drove it back to them 3.5 hours away and wouldnt have it towed there at their expense, and because it was lowered the extended warranty wouldnt touch it. basically i got hosed, but it got fixed, and now its lowered again the right way thanks to the people on this site offering sound advice. the whole point is dont count on the dealerships because as i learned most of them are just out to make a buck and will pawn the responsibility off on someone else. to play devils advocate against myself... the dealership i took it to when i got it raised back to stock and the axel put back in the right way was exceptional and only charged me one hour of labor for what took 4 plus hours due to complications removing the home made kit.

I looked for 2 years for mine and bought it the same day it was listed on ebay. I knew it had issues, bad tranny, but it is pristine.

It sat for a year before i saved up money to fix it.

Although it is broke down again, hell yes i would buy it again.

Nicest damn vehicle i have ever owned.

Chose my truck over a new BMW M3 and then a new 05 or 06 Dodge Ram Srt-10 Nite Runner (x of 4xx produced, very limited production truck). The M3 was too normal you see those everywhere. The Ram would not compete with the SS as it was QC mod vs mod.

I would due it all over again no questions asked. Cant wait to add another SS.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)