Having some shifting/transmission troubles?

About 2 months ago noticed my truck would not shift into second gear unless I let off the gas. Or drove extremely slow this it would shift normal from there as long as I didn't get on it to cause it to down shift then not shift up just red line if I stayed on it. (Hope this makes sense). I have not had time to mess with it is why the wait and now more problems.......This morning on the way to work same thing then I noticed the transmission won't shift up from third from what I can tell. Nothing seems rough, no noise, beside not shifting when it should all seems fine. I think the transmission fluid level is good. Probably wouldn't hurt to get a flush. No check engine lights or anything. I am going to see if I can find a place to plug in a diagnostics. My info below shows all things done to the truck. Please folks any help would be appreciated!

Are you saying that your trans is stuck in 3rd gear? If so you are in limp mode and will only have 3rd, reverse and can only manually put it in 2nd. This can be from a few things but from what you mentioned about 2nd slipping debris may have clogged the valvebody and the PCM disabled the electronics to control the trans. Also check your fuses to make sure they aren't blown.

Sorry let me try and re explain. When driving the truck it doesn't shift from 1st to second unless I let off the gas or drive at a creep. then now it will do about the same to get into 3rd but its seems to not shift any further than third in normal automatic driving. It wont shift into 4th, 5th. I've tried to go through the manual shifting on the column and the gears won't shift at all. they all seem like first gear. Its just weird the only issue is it won't shift nothing else seems wrong no check engine no noise , no slamming of the transmission or slipping or anything out of the ordinary. I hope this explanation makes more sense. And I will pull fuses first thing in the morning. And if I'm still not making sense I'll get a video tomorrow to show what I mean. Thanks for your help.

Sorry let me try and re explain. When driving the truck it doesn't shift from 1st to second unless I let off the gas or drive at a creep. then now it will do about the same to get into 3rd but its seems to not shift any further than third in normal automatic driving. It wont shift into 4th, 5th. I've tried to go through the manual shifting on the column and the gears won't shift at all. they all seem like first gear. Its just weird the only issue is it won't shift nothing else seems wrong no check engine no noise , no slamming of the transmission or slipping or anything out of the ordinary. I hope this explanation makes more sense. And I will pull fuses first thing in the morning. And if I'm still not making sense I'll get a video tomorrow to show what I mean. Thanks for your help.

First off you dont have a 5th gear. They are 4 speeds. If it wont shift into 2nd under a heavy accel ot is most likely a servo issue or thr 2/4 band is smoked. You also say u have trouble getting into 3rd. Ill bet the farm the 3/4 clutches a done as well. Last I will ask how many miles?

These issues most likely wont cause any DTCs. I would start planning an R & R

Well worst news possible I was afraid I would be told that. Truck has less then 80k miles. I rarely drive the truck outside of normal this just doesn't make sense. No clue where to even start now. Guess the truck will be parked in my shop till I have the money to get it loomed at. Thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

*Update* Just wanted to let you guys know you were correct the 2power band and 3/4 clutch was toast. Everything else was in good shape. Cost me 765.00 to have fixed. Seems pretty high priced but glad it's fixed!

*Update* Just wanted to let you guys know you were correct the 2power band and 3/4 clutch was toast. Everything else was in good shape. Cost me 765.00 to have fixed. Seems pretty high priced but glad it's fixed!

I hope they replaced the reverse drum along with that band. If it was as bad as you say it was the new band probably wont last much