Edelbrock supercharger

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/superchargers/gm-truck/

My local speed shop, injection connection, strongly recommended this. Has anyone installed this or considering it? I know its a new product but Edelbrock is usually makes a great product.

Yeah I just sold this guy a job who had a camaro with one of those on it, dynoed 580 at the wheels, there mainly for cars because there so low pro, didn't know they made a truck version of it yet

Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)

Ive been on the phone with Edelbrock in Cali a couple times and was waiting for this to come out. I believe they are making a pamflet for applications to Ford, GM, Dodge but not 100% sure. Last time I spoke with them it was early this year.

at truckfest at summit racing in tallmadge ohio this past saturday they did a live install of one. it has the tvs style i belive. it looks great but with a 4'' pully it was making 5lbs. i was asking the techs and the warranty is void if you use anything other than the supplied tuner.

I did a little research on these a while back on a couple camaro forums. From what I read on a LS3 they are best on near stock motors and make more torque down low on those motors than a maggie. Top end a maggie will make more power especially on bigger modified motors. Not sure how one would do on a Lq9. The kit for a Sss is 1577.

^^Ditto. Did not read on a Camaro forum but from the Edelbrock and some articles about the roots system the company sent me (they had mentioned this system and how its low torque was great). I cannot remember if they mentioned if it was the roots or this new system that was not too stressfull on the motor.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

thanks for the great input guys! i believe it is a roots based with the intercoolers on the skirt. Average price I've found is around 7k for the kit. not bad since a magnuson kit is around 6k.

Does anyone know if the tuner provided is just a flash, or will it learn for other mods? i.e LT's, 160°stat?

• 1 month later...

I was reading in an edelbrock supercharger brochure that one on a bone stock 2011 Silverado made 512 hp....

I want one once i do my 6.0 swap :drool:

a tad bit pricey though....i looked them up on ebay and they are like $7500-$8000...

Give them a few years, hopefully they'll drop a little in price.

Edited by SSilverBeast (see edit history)