Question

00 ssclone

I have a 4-6 drop on a rcsb and it has been raining cats and dogs well this morning I went threw a big puddle nothing happened got off of work went threw a small one like around 40-45 then truck started to sputter Wat might of happened let me know if y'all had this problems before thanks

^^^Agreed. Water on belts will not cause a truck to sputter. Like stated, check your CAI and see if the filter is wet. Also is it an oiled cai? Might also be the problem if water got to your filter and put some oil to the TB or MAF.

edit - I had the exact same problem on a 98 BMW that had some custom work being done to the intake and engine. We had flooding and went through a big puddle and soon after fluttered horribly. Kept acting up for about 24 hours but it was fine, it was a dry filter though not oiled.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Yup, those are the exact same symptons. Also had this issue with an '88 and '91 BMW 325iX with the K&N oiled conical filter.

Im no mechanic but it seems all too familiar. But do check the other parts to make sure oil didnt get to them, if so you have a Saturday/Sunday project cleaning!

So wat exactly am I gonna have to do incase I turn it on tomorrow and it still sputters like it even did it at a stop sign and I know it was sputtering cuz the truck sounded different and it would go away and it would sound normal

When you intake water I heard its good to clean all the intake parts, make sure your filter is dry, change oil (idk if this is right), then just crank it and let it run to burn it off.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I would make sure whatever I can get to is free from water and dirt. Throttlebody, filter, maf.

My moms Mercedes almost got hydrolocked a little while back. Did what I told u and let it sit with it running for a good while and it solved the issue.

Someone please chime in because I don't want to give a recommendation and it was just a fluke and worked for me.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

The filter will be fine once it dries out. Unless its soaked which i doubt it will be. I would clean the Throttle body and the Mass Air. Make sure you the proper cleaner for the mass air sensor so you dont damage the delicate veins inside. Good old brake clean on a rag will do the trick for the Throttle body.

If you do clean the filter, only do so with mild detergent and faucet water, Dont use force or you will damage the filter. Also lightly mist the filter with oil and let it sit in the sun for a few hours to totally dry or youll be right back in the same boat.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Happened to mine lol hit a puddle of water and I lost power steering and started to miss and then I lost power haha pulled over checked the filter it was dry as can be but the belt was soaked, turned the tensioner pulled the belt off and dried everything with a rag. Coils didn't get wet either. But as they said check the filter let it dry it dry

Edited by La SS (see edit history)

Well cleaned intake let it dry over night well the day it happened the truck was sputtering not to bad and took it for a drive on sat and it still did the same so came back home and took the intake off washed it and sprayed it with lil bit of the oil then let it dry till Sunday morning then didn't drive it around till this morning I turned it on so it could of warmed up the I get on to leave then I see that the engine light is blinking then I take off and the truk was acting worse than the day it started to sputter I know the engine light when it blinks it means I have a miss fire but wat is it that I have to check the plugs or o2s or wat