TB I6 converter

has anyone used one of these in their truck? results? i have read that yank and circle d will rework one of these units from the stock stall speed of 2600 to 3100 ... i know yank does it for $250. anyone have any experience with a stock TB verter or a reworked one. for the price you cant beat it, and they say it will tow great and drive like a stock converter until "you get on it"... thoughts and opinions? im well aware that it needs to be matched to a cam, either a NSSP cam or 228.. trying to properly pre-plan :uhoh:

An TBI6 converter has a higher stall speed than the factory Silverado converter. It isnt much but it is higher. With that said, there are pros and cons to this converter. Yes, it is a good bang for the buck converter and is noticable compared to the stock Silverado one. The con, it is still a factory converter and designed for a TBI6 engine. I cant count how many used this converter with a radix and the converter came apart taking the trans with it. In my opinion, if you are going through all the trouble to install a new converter for performance purposes dont cheap out.

Also, the stall speed for the I6 isnt anywhere near what the 228 cam needs to reap its benifits. You would actually hurt your performance doing this.

well good thing i dont plan on using a radix. and i was mainly looking for info on the restalled tbi6 converter. 3100 would be the stall of it. There is no way im spending $700+ on a converter. Iv been researching this on all the other forums and it seems like the best bang for the buck.

It's not a crazy stick and makes proven numbers. You can run it on a stock converter even tho i wont be using one. havent purchased it yet but it's a likely choice. My old tuner designed it, but I'm always open to suggestions.

Got a 278 mm 3k circle D. I'm getting use to it now lol. I really like it so far. Why did you pick that cam??

I'm runnin the same. Talked me into getting it. :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

It's not a crazy stick and makes proven numbers. You can run it on a stock converter even tho i wont be using one. havent purchased it yet but it's a likely choice. My old tuner designed it, but I'm always open to suggestions.

That cam would be terrible with a stock converter btw lol I don't think it's too crazy of a cam for a 6.0

I know of a guy who runs it in his a4 gto with no converter and manifolds and has no issues with drive ability. Yes there's a lot left on the table obviously but still produces good drive ability and decent numbers for cam only

well good thing i dont plan on using a radix. and i was mainly looking for info on the restalled tbi6 converter. 3100 would be the stall of it. There is no way im spending $700+ on a converter. Iv been researching this on all the other forums and it seems like the best bang for the buck.

Research all u want but its still a factory converter designed for a factory SUV. Not a 6k lb truck with a 6 liter. Again as I stated if you are going through the efforts and spending money for performance purposes dont skimp in this area.

Its ur truck jus dont get on later when it flys apart.