50 mph to 100 mph

SSchevySS

Did the up to 60 run on another post___This time around 50 to 100 mph, She pulls strong till I hit 3rd gear around 75mph and rpms fall back to 3k and take's a while to get back into it powerband and I notice Ist to 2nd gear shifts at 6k 2nd to 3rd shifts at 5k and shifts at 5k if I put it in 2nd gear manually it will still shift on its own at 5k !!! any input on this, changing shift points and what to change them to ?

Did another video but its to big to post, I can only post pics or vids 1mb or smaller !!!

If your doing 75 MPH In second gear, Your Rpm's should be around 5600-5700 RPM's. I do know With stock tune, My truck would Upshift to 3rd at 70 MPH at around 5500 RPM's. So that makes me think your somewhat tuned, Unless mine was super detuned. Also at WOT 1st gear climbs high and fast making it prolly appear its hitting 6k, but i would bet its not. More like 5600'ish

If your doing 75 MPH In second gear, Your Rpm's should be around 5600-5700 RPM's. I do know With stock tune, My truck would Upshift to 3rd at 70 MPH at around 5500 RPM's. So that makes me think your somewhat tuned, Unless mine was super detuned. Also at WOT 1st gear climbs high and fast making it prolly appear its hitting 6k, but i would bet its not. More like 5600'ish

I looked at my video more closely,

1st to 2nd shift___5800-5900

2nd to 3rd shift___5100-5200 @ 70mph and falls to 3200-3300 once I get back to 3700-3800 it starts to pull strong again.

So I guess I need a real tune and adjust the shift points at that time !!!

But that will happen after some mods/ Headers, cat back, ect.

Thanks for the input !!!

Umm... I don't think your even going into third gear. I know my truck (all stock) sits at about 3000 at 70 going down the hwy. And that is cruising in 4th. Seems like you have a trans issue and not a tune issue.

Resident Taxi Driver

Umm... I don't think your even going into third gear. I know my truck (all stock) sits at about 3000 at 70 going down the hwy. And that is cruising in 4th. Seems like you have a trans issue and not a tune issue.

Resident Taxi Driver

Trans is fine just shift points, I think 2nd to 3rd shift just needs a tweak. 1st to 2nd shift is around 5800-5900 and drops to around 3600 after the shift the 2nd to 3rd shifts around 5100-5200 and falls to around 3200-3300 so if I tweak the 2nd to 3rd shift point up to 5800 the fall off after shift should be around 3700-3800 . At least that is what I am thinking. And it will stay in the powerband !!! If I am wrong please tell me I am still a rookie with modern car tech !!! But as far as the trans shifting to the next gear even if I manually put it in 2nd IDK must be some fail safe gm built in to the programing !!!

And I would like to thank you all for the insight and advise that you have given to me to this point !!!

What are your plans? Try to set you mods up and then tune. This is what I did and had the best luck at. With a cai,good exhaust, headers and a tune you will feel a pretty good kick in the ass.

Best advice I could tell you from here to rule out the trans is take off normally and count gears. I did a test earlier on my own truck and from 2nd to 3rd it drops to about 3800 to 3900. So you could be correct.

Resident Taxi Driver

What are your plans? Try to set you mods up and then tune. This is what I did and had the best luck at. With a cai,good exhaust, headers and a tune you will feel a pretty good kick in the ass.

Did a home made cai,(blocked off the holes in the airbox going to fender cut a 4" hole in bottom of box with a flange and 4" metal flex hose to brake air duct and cut out the sound sink in the tube between maf and tb filled with fiberglass and sanded it smooth inside and out and a Green filter !!! Headers and mufflers then tune is the plan.

Did a home made cai,(blocked off the holes in the airbox going to fender cut a 4" hole in bottom of box with a flange and 4" metal flex hose to brake air duct and cut out the sound sink in the tube between maf and tb filled with fiberglass and sanded it smooth inside and out and a Green filter !!! Headers and mufflers then tune is the plan.

Your on the right track then. If your gonna do exhaust pre think the headers are you gonna weld it up? You gonna use a y pipe or x pipe? Long tubes or shorty? You don't wanna have to keep going under there cutting and adding. I did my muffler 1st. Saved up got headers high flows and an x and then did it all at once. Came out pretty good