50 mph to 100 mph

SSchevySS

Just looked at my 0-80 run videos, and at 75 MPH at WOT im at 5500 RPM's, at 70 MPH around 5200. So if your stock, your RPM's line up to be shifting at 70 MPH, not 75. If it is shifting at 75, and 5200 RPM's, thats odd lol.

Just looked at my 0-80 run videos, and at 75 MPH at WOT im at 5500 RPM's, at 70 MPH around 5200. So if your stock, your RPM's line up to be shifting at 70 MPH, not 75. If it is shifting at 75, and 5200 RPM's, thats odd lol.

I just realized that too. My truck does the same thing. Mine shift at 70 at about 5600ish. I strongly think that he has a tranny issue. If he is shifting at 75 it should be around 5800... that is why I believe the trans is skipping over 3rd and going straight to 4th. :blink:

Resident Taxi Driver

Your on the right track then. If your gonna do exhaust pre think the headers are you gonna weld it up? You gonna use a y pipe or x pipe? Long tubes or shorty? You don't wanna have to keep going under there cutting and adding. I did my muffler 1st. Saved up got headers high flows and an x and then did it all at once. Came out pretty good

I am going to do the exhaust all at one time_ still dont know if I am going long tube or shorty but thinking about electronic cutouts and a more quite muffler for cruz'n maybe a flowmaster 50 or something like that.

Yeah I'm gonna do some cutouts in the near future myself. Dynomax has some mufflers that are a little more pleasing to the ear. I personally like a throaty low rumble like my magnaflow. It's quiet at idle but when you get on it it's def throaty lol.

Thanks for the input and help I understand somethings better that I did !!!

Still a rookie at this modern tech stuff, But I will learn !!!

Question #2___Which headers will be a bigger benefit to me Long tube or shorty whats the benefit to each ? Tube size 1 5/8", 1 1/2", 1 3/4" IDK ?

Most of us run longtubes. Mine are 1 3/4. On my 96 I had shorty pacesetters. It all depends on what your plans are with the truck. To me longtubes are the way to go a little more power and there both about the same price. Guys that have a bit more power run the 1 7/8.

Most of us run longtubes. Mine are 1 3/4. On my 96 I had shorty pacesetters. It all depends on what your plans are with the truck. To me longtubes are the way to go a little more power and there both about the same price. Guys that have a bit more power run the 1 7/8.

Thanks Jason !!!