Summit racing brand ls block

So I got my summit magazine and in the ls section they have an ls block for sale telling by the bore I'm assuming its a 6.0 just wondering if this would be a good starting block for my 2 door clone or am I better off buying a used lq4 or lq9. I'm thinking of building a stroked fi engine down the road...just wondering if any one has any experience positive or negative with this kinda of block thanks in advance

Here's the link

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-150105/overview/

Id say thats a core block that they worked over. I'm not 100% sure on this. but sense its already bored over to a 4.030 id say it was out of a GM vehicle of some sort. rather its a LQ4 or LQ9 that doesn't matter sense nothing is different other than what parts they install at the factory. like head's, cam, piston's and rods. it would be a great start for somebody wanting to build a 370 or 408 stroker sense the bore is already a 4.030. only thing you would have to do if you wanted a 408 stroker is the block would need to be clearance'd for the rotating assembly.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Thanks for the info Shawn I'm really interested in the block and having as a project to build up at my own pace since it is my daily driver...so pretty much block for block it should be exactly the same as a factory block correct? Would a 408 be the biggest stroke I would be able to use on the block??

Edited by 2drchevyss (see edit history)

Thanks for the info Shawn I'm really interested in the block and having as a project to build up at my own pace since it is my daily driver...so pretty much block for block it should be exactly the same as a factory block correct? Would a 408 be the biggest stroke I would be able to use on the block??

well you could go bigger. like a 413 or 416 with this but i personally wouldn't go over a 408 if you were going to boost it. you would probably be fine going with a bigger stroke if you were staying N/A. but that is my personal choice. me personally like a shorter stroke. but everybody is different. but im not engine builder. i have just been looking at stroking my 6.0 and these are some of the options i have come across. but everybody is different. so guys would be ok with a bigger bore and stroke. for my own build i would do over a 4.030 bore. but im also boosted so i like a little more meat on the cylinder walls. a 370 and the standard 408 stroker have the same bore which is 4.030. but to make it a 408 instead of a 370 you stroke it. with a 4.000 crank. the pistons are also different same bore just different wirst pin location.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE BLOCK!

In saying that when I was building cars in the 90's I used quite a bit summit gear. Back then bang for buck was awesome. Good bits never had anything from summit fail. Since I don't live there anymore have been in Aus for 11 years now I couldn't tell you if their stuff is good or bad anymore. But I used to like it.