broken SS please help

biggun824

so i was driving normal then after a little im sitting at a red light my truck throws a low oil pressure signal and i look at my oil pressure it was sitting at zero so i pulled into the gas station and my truck has a big knock under the hood and runs like shit, so i pop the hood and check my oil level it seems to be a notch and a half to full could that have messed it up, cause the last people to touch under my hood and do an oil change was jiffy lube a little bit ago it still says 50% engine oil life, and i know i should of changed it my self but i was in a rush when i needed it done what do you guys think went wrong or what where i start ?

Knocking and no oil pressure doesn't sound good for your wallet.

Could've spun a bearing, any "big" knocking and the damage has been done. Drain the oil and see what's in it metal wise.

And don't take your truck to jiffy lube please.

Edited by The_aSSet (see edit history)

Check the oil pressure sensor. Mine went out about 8 months ago and i got low pressure message and the pressure gauge went to 0 and once in a while it would jump all over the place. I had plenty of oil and it was clean. Truck never got hot or anything but it would reduce engine power due to the faulty sensor. I replaced it and no more problems.

Check the oil pressure sensor. Mine went out about 8 months ago and i got low pressure message and the pressure gauge went to 0 and once in a while it would jump all over the place. I had plenty of oil and it was clean. Truck never got hot or anything but it would reduce engine power due to the faulty sensor. I replaced it and no more problems.

So did the engine have plenty of oil or was it low? is it a bottomend knock? its weird how the oil pressure went to zero. hope the pump didn't go and take a bearing with it. hom many miles on the engine. is it modded?

So did the engine have plenty of oil or was it low? is it a bottomend knock? its weird how the oil pressure went to zero. hope the pump didn't go and take a bearing with it. hom many miles on the engine. is it modded?

yeah the motor had a little bit over the full line, and yeah sounded like bottomend knock, dam man that probably what happened it all happened so quickly, and it has a cold air exaust and a tune thats all and 108,000 miles.

truck has a big knock under the hood and runs like shit, my oil level it seems to be a notch and a half to full could that have messed it up

Knock sounds like the damage has been done... And you were driving around with low oil !! So the question is where did you lose your oil at?

Go back and throw a fit. I couldnt tell you how many times oil change places have had to replace motors due to stupidity. Call corporate as well. Dont let it slide. I know I would be doing everything to get them to fix it if it was me.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Go back and throw a fit. I couldnt tell you how many times oil change places have had to replace motors due to stupidity. Call corporate as well. Dont let it slide. I know I would be doing everything to get them to fix it if it was me.

yup exactly what im gona do.

so i was driving normal then after a little im sitting at a red light my truck throws a low oil pressure signal and i look at my oil pressure it was sitting at zero so i pulled into the gas station and my truck has a big knock under the hood and runs like shit, so i pop the hood and check my oil level it seems to be a notch and a half to full could that have messed it up, cause the last people to touch under my hood and do an oil change was jiffy lube a little bit ago it still says 50% engine oil life, and i know i should of changed it my self but i was in a rush when i needed it done what do you guys think went wrong or what where i start ?

just spitballing here but could be a stuck injector. That could cause a oil level to check overfull, knocking (thins oil), and it to run like crap (overfueling). Take your dipstick out and hit it with a butane lighter, if it crackles and pops there is fuel contamination in your oil.

I don't understand, granted I've always done my own oil... but its not rocket science, drain it, inspect it, change the filter, lube up the filter gasket and put in the right oil, and make sure the level is correct after it runs for a few mins...what do they usually *uck up in this simple process? Or do you think it was just time for this pertictular engine to say peace out?

:wacko:

Sent from my 4G Razor

I don't understand, granted I've always done my own oil... but its not rocket science, drain it, inspect it, change the filter, lube up the filter gasket and put in the right oil, and make sure the level is correct after it runs for a few mins...what do they usually *uck up in this simple process? Or do you think it was just time for this pertictular engine to say peace out?

:wacko:

Sent from my 4G Razor

I'm sure you'd begin to get a little sloppy after your 100th oil change in a day lol but regardless they should double and triple check stuff.

That being said id NEVER take my truck to a jiffy lube type place.

• 2 weeks later...