Truck wont load tune!

The_aSSet

Got everything hooked up on my truck with the new engine and im trying to load the new tune via my tablet(which ive done before) and it keeps giving me this error

It says, "Mode 1 Erase Failed - Check 1 Failed"

20121030_192144.jpg?t=1351728450

anyone have any ideas?

Edited by The_aSSet (see edit history)

Wow thats weird never seen that error before, I know that I have had a couple errors sometimes when I try to flash my truck and its usually fixed by just unplugging replugging in the interface to the truck and computer so it redetects it. Then everything is good. Hope you get it figured out!

Checked the grounds, even sanded them where they contact. Ill check fuses and ill out the battery on a charger tomorrow even though its only 3 days old lol

It let's me read but not write. Even pulled off the tune that was on the pcm and tried to reflash it and it wouldn't take.

Edited by The_aSSet (see edit history)

ive seen that error its usually because the key isnt in the full on position, when it happens to me anyway . key need to be turned as far as it can b4 it actually starts. also if thats not the problem try to write entire instead of calibration only .

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

IMHO, it is electrical...nothing wrong with the PCM, laptop. If I was in this situation, I would

1. Pull the on-star fuses prior to writing the new tune.

2. Ensure you have no inductive loads running (fans, intercooler, fuel pumps, stereo amplifer etc.) If you do, this will cause some issues.

3. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH WITH THE LAPTOP PLUGGED INTO AN INVERTER RUNNING OFF YOUR TRUCK.

4. Try flashing (write cal only) with your parking lamps on. (I had to do this for some reason on a TBSS and could not figure it out. With the DRLs on, it would read but without them on, it would give some error).

5. Re-read your current tune AGAIN, make the change and reflash. Make sure the scanner isn't connected the same time you are attemting to flash.

6. Are you running BETA or the current publically available version?

7. There is a grounding issue with the PCM. While the grounds may look good, a broken wire, stray voltage etc. may be hurting you.

Just my thinking.