Truck wont load tune!

The_aSSet

Alright here we go, I literally did everything y'all suggested and still nothing. I checked the ground location to make sure it was good, checked the grounds going into the pcm via the pins, checked the voltage going to the pcm and its at a constant 12.3v checked the voltage going to the obd port and its at 12.0x fairly consistently. Took out the radio, radio amp, and onstar fuses, tried parking lights and rereading the tune (which it does read fine) tried to write it with one change and, same error.

I'm at a loss of what to do. Although there are some weird things.

1. Fuel gauge says empty even though I put in 5 gallons of new gas a few days ago

2. Fuel pumps don't turn on when the key is in run, I checked the pcm pin that controls it and its at 12.3v as well. And I switched the relay with the drl relay and still heard nothing when the key is in run. they are supposed to turn on correct? For like 2 seconds?

Any ideas? This is very frustrating.

I have a total of 3 grounds connected in. the engine bay on the engine, 1 behind the intake, and 2 on the drivers side on the block above the oil pan and below the head. I checked the voltage from the raw metal of the block near the 2 grounds being careful not to touch the terminals themselves and it read 12.3v steady. Did I miss a ground somewhere? Is one not supposed to be on the block? Checked voltage to the frame as well and 12.3v constant.

I want my truck running again :(

i would check every fuse in both boxes specially the cigarette lighter fuse (should be in the under hood fuse box, blue fuse right next to the radio fuse).if thats not it i would check every single fuse easy to do with a flash light .you should be able to hear the pump prime in the on position. sorry man wish i knew more.have you tried writing a different tune, make sure the vin matches yours, are you writing a speed density tune for the first time? if so you need to buy more credits.... just throwing ideas out there.

Checked all the fuses when I checked the voltages all was good. I've tried writing a different tune and I made sure the vin matched. Speed density was already on there from the procharger and its still speed density so no change there. I appreciate the ideas. Even tried asking on hptuners forum and not much there in the way of answers/ideas. Ill email support later this morning.

why do you hide your vin?

Prob the same reason people cover there tag,because that's really no ones business. How's the truck coming nick? I hope someone can help you get this figured out. I know it's frustrating but hang in there bud.

Something weird happened last night, fuel pumps came on when I plugged in the pcm with the key on, not sure why but I know this is the first time they have because I had a small leak from the passengers side rail that was misting gas onto the firewall. I took the battery out just in case and im gonna charge it today since it was low from messing with things then see if anything has changed loading the tune or if the fuel pumps will prime again. Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I don't have time to read the entire thread at the moment, but 1 observation.

I had this exact same problem using EFILIVE. I think on both of my SSS's.

The solution was to uncheck the "use high speed" button. I see your program has the exact same box and you have it checked.

It will take longer to load a tune, but at least it will load.

Also make sure you truck's batt is really good, I don't know if I am way off here, but it seems to me that many attempts to load, reboot, reflash, etc. sucks up juice.

Good luck

Jay