3.0 pulley diaster

ok so i have my 04 SSS with the maggie mp112 and fully built 4l65e 3200 stall, i went from a 3.4 pulley to a 3.0. as i was getting the truck re tuned we made a few runs WOT down the road. ran amazing the first 3 runs. our last run was from a dead stop to around 80mph. right when it shifted to 3rd i let off the gas and it felt like i was running over small speed bump and my power was lost. transmission mount maybe? other than that my #7 cylinder was completely dead along with a rattleing noise coming from the blower snout. at idle the it was missing real bad and and felt like the blower came apart inside but we revved the truck up and it still made boost so its hard to beleive that the blower is broke but something is seriously wrong. i hauled it back to the shop on a trailer and pulled number 7 spark plug out and the end of it was smashed to the electrode. i havnt torn the motor down yet but does anyone know what could have happened?? btw it was making 10 to 11 lbs of boost

32576040-7FF7-4DE7-BE58-72830CD3F8BD-618-000000D8E2354CD4.jpg

Is it just me or does 10-11lbs seem high for the setup?? I've got a mp112 with a 2.8 pulley and i'm only makin about 8lbs.

:withstupid: I had the 2.8 on my old 5.3 and was making only 10psi. I believe the max with the 2.8 on a 6.0 is about 8psi unless you have a phenolic spacer, 102mm throttle body and J-tube. Even then I don't think a 3.0 pulley would make that much boost. Are you sure its a MP112 and not a MP122?

What heat range plugs were you using?

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

Thanks guys. im going to use a scope to see inside the cylinder and do a compression test. i have stock manifold on the truck also. that explains the amount of boost. headers have not been put on yet.

ill keep yall updated

Well it ended up being a broke ring land. Any specific forged pistons y'all recommend for replacement that won't break the bank? I want to keep my stock rods also do I need to go with a dishes piston? I don't want to lose hp by lowering compression but u want it safe also. I'm going to add a stage 2 snow water meth setup and long tubes

The best bet with boost is lower compression. Your motor will thank you and last longer. Rods are all in every ones opinion I myself like Manley, Probe, Callies. Eagle is good too.... You dont have to do dished pistons, but it would be a good idea. Rods, Pistons and some ARP rod bolts and the motor will be pretty much bullet proof.

I would say depends on your goals for truck, I dont think a 112 by itself can overpower factory pistons if the tune is correct. Im running the same thing with a 3.0 pulley about 7lbs with a gt2-3 19 degees of timing no knock but i do spray some meth. But you cant go wrong with a nice set of aftermarket pistons either.

I would say depends on your goals for truck, I dont think a 112 by itself can overpower factory pistons if the tune is correct. Im running the same thing with a 3.0 pulley about 7lbs with a gt2-3 19 degees of timing no knock but i do spray some meth. But you cant go wrong with a nice set of aftermarket pistons either.

how do you like the gt2-3? i'm looking at swapping cams myself and was looking at that cam and the gt9