3.0 pulley diaster

how do you like the gt2-3? i'm looking at swapping cams myself and was looking at that cam and the gt9

It pulls great with the maggie, idles like stock, im sure there are better cams but since the 112 is a little on the small side

i wanted to stay with something mild.

got the heads off and saw the problem. pretty big chunk of the ringland missing. anyways, i just ordered my MAHLE forged F/T pistons and new clevite rod bearing. this setup should definantly hold up even using my factory rods.

got the heads off and saw the problem. pretty big chunk of the ringland missing. anyways, i just ordered my MAHLE forged F/T pistons and new clevite rod bearing. this setup should definantly hold up even using my factory rods.

gota pic kinda interested c what it looks like

the noise from the blower snout is most likely rotor knock from the miss in the engine, ''backlash'' I would be willing to bet you broke off a piece of piston around top ring land.

The torsional isolator in the snout is spring loaded to take some of the "abuse" off the rotor bearings during quick transitions. If you have a mis (or a large cam), the isolator will tend to "bottom out" or compress this spring to the max resulting in a clunking sound.

..., I dont think a 112 by itself can overpower factory pistons if the tune is correct.

Agreed. The tune my friend is absolutely critical. My guess is you were running lean, caused some strong dettonation and cracked off a ring land. You are lucky the piston didn't fall apart causing the rod to punch a hole in the block. With your modifications, you are getting very close to needing larger injectors. I highly suggest a set of dekka 60's.

The torsional isolator in the snout is spring loaded to take some of the "abuse" off the rotor bearings during quick transitions. If you have a mis (or a large cam), the isolator will tend to "bottom out" or compress this spring to the max resulting in a clunking sound.

Agreed. The tune my friend is absolutely critical. My guess is you were running lean, caused some strong dettonation and cracked off a ring land. You are lucky the piston didn't fall apart causing the rod to punch a hole in the block. With your modifications, you are getting very close to needing larger injectors. I highly suggest a set of dekka 60's.

Hey Krambo are the specs for the dekka 60,s readily available? im looking to upgrade from the maggie 42lb to some 60,s

i have the mini plug and play 60,s from five-o-motorsports but when i had them in i couldnt get the fueling at idle nailed down.

Yes, the flow data and offsets are available for the dekka 60's via the Greg Banish spreadsheet. I am sure if you search around some of the technical forums, someone has posted them up by now. I have many idles locked down with the 60's and the Greg Banish numbers so they must be spot on.

Well we were tuning it and didn't have the wideband hooked up yet. That wideband monitoring makes a huge difference in tuning correct??

Regardless what anyone says, you CANNOT tune the Pe (boosted) area of your airmass tables without a wideband. Best you can do is guess, based on experience.

Ok good. I'm was just cared that this would happen again. As long as I get it tuned with the wideband I should be fine. Thanks!

Another thing. Replacing my pistons with the mahle flat tops, is this going to require me to get my engine Balance? I'm doing all this with the engine still in the truck and would really love to not have to take it out