Install help or suggestions for install 2 DIN DVD reciever in our truc

MARTYW

So far the pioneer avh-p8400bh is my pick. It or the 4400. For the little price difference, think ill go ahead for the 8400. The kenwood dd719 is my third choice.

Is it just my area, or is the car audio industry shrinking? In the 90's when I was all into car audio, there were several great car audio stores. Now, there is one decent one in my area, and there is best buy. All the good shops have closed up and disappeared.

what does the 8400 have over the 4400? I was looking at pics of the 4400. Looks like a nice unit. I wonder if you can put your own background on it. Like a pic of the SSS. haha.

You can with the 8400. The difference is higher res display, detachable face, and here was some other but I can't remember.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I did the kenwood 719. I would also recommend solder. I have installed all my own stereo equipment for years. Butt splice Connecters or solder. Wire nuts are messy and can come Undone. I have a few pics I took for another forum I used for a build log of my last system build.

post-24220-135356124775_thumb.jpg

post-24220-135356128124_thumb.jpg

post-24220-135356132454_thumb.jpg

All wired up and taped to be clean. Took me about 30 minutes.

Thanks for the pics. I plan to solder mine as well. I definitely like to do things right the first time, when possible.

Just for giggles, I had Best Buy to price the the Kenwood 719 installed, retaining my steering wheel controls only. No other options. They priced me the head unit for 499, which was no bargain, and guess what the total was??? It was $969!!!!! I was mortified, of course! LOL. I can do it for less than half by doing it myself and ordering through Amazon. They turned 499 into 969 quick!!! LOL

Doing the steering wheel interface wasn't as hard as I thought. I opened it a looked at all the wires and said eff this. But then a buddy who is an installer showed me what was actually required and it wasn't that bad. I think the hardest part was teaching the deck the steering wheel functions.

I definitely want to keep the steering wheel controls. That'd be a huge factor in whether id get a Double DIN or not. I got some custom SS floor mats coming, then im gonna get some belltech shocks thrown on. Maybe then ill get a deck ordered. I still wanna finish my Z06 brake kit though too. Haha. So many projects, and only so much money....

Also Programing for steering wheel controls is easy! Modules come with instruction. Just read all instructions carefully and take ure time programing. You can also program any button any way you want. mute,next track,volume.etc..You can always redo it if you mess up!