Camber

chevyz71z28

If you want your truck to steer correctly and not have uneven wear on your tires you do not want anything out of spec. Which ever way you choose to lower your truck you will need to have an alignment done which will correct your camber and caster. I de cranked my torsion bars to get an inch of drop out of it and still needed the alignment....

I am running a 24" x 9.5" and +30 offset. my tires are 285/35. I have lowered mt truck 2/4, but I want 5/7. Right know since I lowered it I have a bit of positive camber since I have not got an alignment yet. So once i get rid of that it might miss but if not I might give it some negative camber. I am not too worried about tire wear since were I live I only get to drive it about 1000km a year.

I am running a 24" x 9.5" and +30 offset. my tires are 285/35. I have lowered mt truck 2/4, but I want 5/7. Right know since I lowered it I have a bit of positive camber since I have not got an alignment yet. So once i get rid of that it might miss but if not I might give it some negative camber. I am not too worried about tire wear since were I live I only get to drive it about 1000km a year.

not to sound like a douche but if you want it lower i would get rid of the huge wheels

not to sound like a douche but if you want it lower i would get rid of the huge wheels

X2. and you should maybe look into bags, you gotta remember SS's come an 1" lower in the front and 2" lower in the rear, compared to normal silverados, it will look like a 6/9. after i do my turbo build i plan on bringing my truck to ekstensive and left them bag my truck, still keeping it AWD just can't ride with the bags down in the front Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)

All he would do is bring it down to 5/7, flip kit with 1" drop shackle in the rear and 2" spindles with decranked 2500 keys or 2" spindles with 3" lcas in the front..yea bagging would be nice but its also not for everyone as it is very pricey especially when its done by a company such as ekstensive and they are building it to keep awd..my truck is 4wd and is lowered 5/9.5 and I have no problem with rubbing or any other issues for that matter

for 5/7 djm 3 inch a arms front belltech spindles and front belltech sp shocks

rear belltech 5 inch flip with 1-2 inch shackles no issues.

Ive done many of the same drops on the sss but on 24s I run a 275 25 24 with a 5/7 drop and that will be fine only thing on big dips up front it will hit the top of the fenderwells.

camber isn't really necessary. Being AWD you wont want too much in the front anyways since you're gonna want to keep as close a contact patch as you can in the front compared to the rears (not 100% on that, but since you need same rolling diamater all around it makes sense in my head.) That being said, mine are have a decent amount of negative camber in the front and i think it looks bad ass. no way to camber the rears unless you get denali (i think? independent rear) suspension.

The only time you really need to camber wheels for a drop is if youre trying to do that hellaflush bullshit fad.

camber isn't really necessary. Being AWD you wont want too much in the front anyways since you're gonna want to keep as close a contact patch as you can in the front compared to the rears (not 100% on that, but since you need same rolling diamater all around it makes sense in my head.) That being said, mine are have a decent amount of negative camber in the front and i think it looks bad ass. no way to camber the rears unless you get denali (i think? independent rear) suspension.

The only time you really need to camber wheels for a drop is if youre trying to do that hellaflush bullshit fad.

it be sick if we could camber the rear! drift truck!!

it be sick if we could camber the rear! drift truck!!

Lol I know right? I have always debated doing a hellaflush full size truck like ours. Only problem is the long wheelbase makes it impossible to drive over bumps/angled ramps lol.

Anyways, I think if one were to swap am independent rest suspension from a Denali, rear camber might be possible, but be prepared to go through CV axles like nobodies business lol.

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)