adding a Turbo to my Radix????

right now I have a Radix charger. love it!

works great, instant boost....

but honestly, I LOVE TURBO'S.. its in my blood!

I bought the truck back in July and the guy has a lot done to it.

I believe it makes 7 or 8 pounds of boost.... "no gauge"

I also believe the truck has the tune that came with the Magna Charger.... "handheld programer"

my truck is AWD, with 305/45/22

tires are a tad taller than stock.

here's (my plan)

I want to add a turbo, might sound crazy to some out there

but I've been thinking about this A LOT.

so far, I know it should work!

only thing I'm worried about is the tranny.

Can the tranny handle more power?

if I did double boost it I'm only looking to add a few more LBS

no more than 10psi, (total)..... if I can

lets hear your thoughts

KB-

It has been done before. If you can get everything to work together. I know some have had issues getting everything to work right together. As for the tranny handling more power its hard to tell. is it a done stock 4l60? or has it had some upgrades done to it? if its stock then I'd say you have been lucky being you have a blower and haven't had any issues. If your just looking to get more power out of the truck you can just throw a smaller pulley on it and make the 10lbs your looking for. your motor can handle a lot of boost if the tune is spot on. its all in the tune. IMO your better off getting rid of that magnacharger tune and get a custom tune from a some of the tuners here like Zippy,Blackbear or wheatly.

It has been done before. If you can get everything to work together. I know some have had issues getting everything to work right together. As for the tranny handling more power its hard to tell. is it a done stock 4l60? or has it had some upgrades done to it? if its stock then I'd say you have been lucky being you have a blower and haven't had any issues. If your just looking to get more power out of the truck you can just throw a smaller pulley on it and make the 10lbs your looking for. your motor can handle a lot of boost if the tune is spot on. its all in the tune. IMO your better off getting rid of that magnacharger tune and get a custom tune from a some of the tuners here like Zippy,Blackbear or wheatly.
X2

Sent from my 4G Razor

I 100% agree on the tune!! BIG TIME

I know I could get more boost out of a smaller pulley, I just really don't wanna mess with that.

I also looked into sending my charger to stiegemeier to get a port and polish job, but changed my mind.

but HONESTLY, I just want a turbo!

I don't care if I only make 1 more pound of boost. I just want a hair dryer and a charger.

I already have it all mapped out. and I'M DIEING TO DO IT!!!

as far as I know, my 4L60 has a vette servo, shift kit, and a larger cooler.

that's all I know

KB-

Edited by K.Brown Customs (see edit history)

Get in touch with kbracing he has done this a couple times and also twin superchargers on a truck. If you plan on upping the power look into the 80e swap. You'd be better off selling a good working 60 to help offset the 80e than to destroy it and pay double....just my $.02

I WOULD LOVE a 4L80!!!

but from what I read about the drive lines, lengthening and shortening them sounds like a chore and a half!!

selling my 4L60? who the hell would want it out here in Colorado?? I have no idea

"Kbracing"..... funny, I get a lot of emails and PM's asking me if that's me! hahah.... nope, KBrown Customs is a whole different world, but yes... I DO BOOST!

KB-

Lol I'd think adding a turbo to a SC would be more a chore than a little 4l80 swap. If you wanna go turbo I'd just ditch the maggie and go with the turbo. Much less of a headache I'd think. Someone would definitely buy it quick.

X2 and over on pt.net he has a write up on the compound build he did. Very good write up with lots of good info..if your interested in the idea. Lots would be interested in that Trans. Hot item esp when it comes with mods.

Your link Sir:

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/twin-charged-compound-boost-bw-s475-turbo-tvs-1900-blower-443636/

Compounding boost is not a new science however there are many easier and cost friendly methods to achieve the same results IMHO.