How do you do the 4 high mod.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys. i just did this and my lows and highs are both on when my low beams are on. but when i switch to high beams its just high beams, isnt it suppose to be the other way around?

check your diode. try switching it around. the stripe on the diode should be closest to the high beam relay,,,

BTW- 7 1/2+ years with out issues.. :thumbs:

ok so i switched around and it worked except only my left high beam did not work. i tryed it a couple times and nothing. now i took the diode out and for some reason the high beam that wouldnt go on now flashes a little

I agree diodes. Place one diode in the 85 pin on the highbeams and the other part on the 85 pin of the low beams. Its the fuse panel under the hood. I have ran it this way for also over 2 years with no issue.

Well over 3 years here with zero problems.

I have the diode mod. It's 25 freaking cents, and I've had it for over 2 years now and not one single problem. In every single driving condition.

3+ years ... Absolutely no problems ... :thumbs:

ok so i switched around and it worked except only my left high beam did not work. i tryed it a couple times and nothing. now i took the diode out and for some reason the high beam that wouldnt go on now flashes a little

sounds like a problem with the light itself not the diode.

I have done the diode method on quite a few trucks, works on all except 1.

My 2007 Sierra classic. mod works perfect in the garage, but as soon as you start driving down the road, when you try switching back from highs(all on) to lows, the highs stay on. I can pull over, pop out the diode, and everything will work normally. Anyone ever had this issue before?

My 2007 Sierra classic. mod works perfect in the garage, but as soon as you start driving down the road, when you try switching back from highs(all on) to lows, the highs stay on. I can pull over, pop out the diode, and everything will work normally. Anyone ever had this issue before?

To small of a diode.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

First I've heard of this

I'm using a 12 volt 5w diode I got off eBay currently. I started with the RadioShack diode but ordered these when it didn't work.

I checked them again this morning going to work. I can start the truck and they work. Soon as I start driving the highs don't turn off. Sometimes if I switch from highs to lows and they don't go out I just leave the headlight switch on lows they may go out they may not.

It really just sounds like the diode to me. Passing power when its not suppose to. If you have it jumped from pin 85 on lows to pin 85 on highs and its the correct way which in guessing it is since it works somewhat then the diode is the only issue there.

Hopefully someone can chime in with another solution. I know I'm running the radioshack ones. They say 4007 on them in small print.

See if any of your radioshack ones are 4007 because that is the higher power ones. Wouldn't hurt to go spend the 1$ or whatever they are to try it.

The ones your using now. What number do they have on them?

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)