SS less

BlueAWDSS

Well the time has come up for the front diff to be rebuilt. It has gone from a whine on slight acceleration to a growl. Hopefully it won't take the dealer to long. Anyone know average turnaround time?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Well it is covered under an extended warranty. I was told that if it goes past a certain amount that an adjuster for the warranty company has to come out blah blah blah. I am thinking 2 days but... i probably wont see it til friday.

Well it is covered under an extended warranty. I was told that if it goes past a certain amount that an adjuster for the warranty company has to come out blah blah blah. I am thinking 2 days but... i probably wont see it til friday.

ya i work as service advisor if they send a adjuster out they usually come next day or 2 but if you say they approved it there wont be an adjuster cause they cant give approval before he does and if they told you it's approved then no worrys

I'm just one of those people that doesn't like my vehicle in a shop and someone else working on it. I worked in shops/dealers for 8 years and usually do all the work myself. But I am no longer a auto tech so I no longer have access to do the stuff myself. I just don't like it cause I am extremely anal about my vehicles being done right. I can look past a finger smudge and stupid stuff like that, but something that is simple and just looked over gets me boiling pretty quickly. One of the reasons why I got out of the business. I didn't like sometimes having to "bandaid" someones car and just not do it right the first time. I treat everyone's car that I work o. Like my own.

There is a reason why I get a lot of miles out of my cars. I had a Honda that the motor in it I swapped into a different car that had 400,000 miles on it. I sold the car with 430,000 on it. Still runs today. You would never know. My s10. Has 240,000 on it. I have driven it to MI 3 times now. Once to Bristol, TN towing a car. I take extremely good care of my cars. I also for the most part do all the work myself. Except when I don't have the correct tools to do it. Aka rebuild a diff. I still have all of my tools from when I was a mechanic. And when I do something "aftermarket " to one of my vehicles I do it right and do it right the first time. With typically no I'll effects. It took me 6 months just to lower my s10 just to do my homework and figure out how I wanted to do it. Now that I have done it it rides better than factory.

yea i hear ya people alway get a bad taste in their mouth when i come to dealerships. but hope they get the work done in a timely matter for ya

O BTW my first vehical was a 94 sclb s10 bought it with 172k sold it with 286k of course it had the vortec

Well i got the call from the dealer. They said my front diff was definetly whining. Duh. They also said that my oil cooler lines were starting to leak and that there were some studs broken off of my exhaust manifold??? They said it should all be covered on my warranty. Cool :)

Ok. My dealer is supposedly having a problem. They are saying something with the carrier that they have to have for the rebuild is no longer available/obsolete. I find that hard to believe for some reason.

My truck is in a chrysler dealer btw. I know it may sound crazy but i had to take it there due to my warranty guidelines. Screwed up i know. But it is what it is. Starting to get irritated. Truck has been in there now for more than a week. Last monday to be exact.