Hit big bump with water

The_aSSet

So I hit a big dip in the road yesterday that had water in it and it splashed up into my engine bay. it starting running abnormally but never shut off. No power and very sluggish. I pulled over 5 min later and felt the filter and it didn't feel wet but there was a little puddle of water where the intake meets the head so I got that out. I checked for misfires but I think I need to check again when the truck is cold. But hptuners isnt detecting any misfires. Afr also jumps around from where it should be to lean when idling. I let it sit overnight to see if some stuff was just wet but still was acting up so I'm gonna go through and change spark plugs and mess with the wires and check all my electrics. But does anyone have any other ideas of what could be doing this?

Have you ran it longer than 5 minutes that time it happened and a little in the morning? I hit a puddle of water once and truck felt like it had no power. Kinda sputtered when I hit the gas. I even put my filter on a fan the whole night and the next morning I still had the sputter.

I had to goto work so u drove my 30 minute drive and half way through the truck came back alive.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

After I pulled over(which was loading up my painted cowl hood) I drove it home about 5 miles it was still raining. It still acted up then I let it sit overnight, cranked it up again this morning and still doing the same thing. I'm guessing something got wet that shouldn't have. I'm still probably gonna change spark plugs and oil just cause its that time and then ill blow the electrics with some compressed air and see what happens.

I wouldnt put sea foam in the intake itself.... If anything put some in the vacuum line off the brake booster while the truck is running. Pour slowly so the truck doesnt die. Once your done put the line back on, and shut the truck off., Let it sit for 5 minutes and then start it up. Give a wap on the throttle once or twice and let it idle or drive it. That will be better for the motor and will go thru the inake etc and clean out any moisture.

I went over a huge hill front tires broke loose and after the hill it shut off! Removed the whipple tronics and problem solved! Lmao do you still have the cover on your PCM? Since its so close the the wheel well? Some people use the covers and some don't? And the plastic skid plate?

Edited by KrausMotorSports (see edit history)

I wouldnt put sea foam in the intake itself.... If anything put some in the vacuum line off the brake booster while the truck is running. Pour slowly so the truck doesnt die. Once your done put the line back on, and shut the truck off., Let it sit for 5 minutes and then start it up. Give a wap on the throttle once or twice and let it idle or drive it. That will be better for the motor and will go thru the inake etc and clean out any moisture.

I have hydroboost so no vacuum lines lol plus I have a Holley hi-ram. I do have nitrous spray bars though I could probably spray seafoam through those somehow.

I went over a huge hill front tires broke loose and after the hill it shut off! Removed the whipple tronics and problem solved! Lmao do you still have the cover on your PCM? Since its so close the the wheel well? Some people use the covers and some don't? And the plastic skid plate?

Lol yea here lies some of my problems, I have no pcm cover or plastic skid thing under there anymore due to the procharger that I don't have anymore. Need to get both of those back on. No idea where to get new ones though.

I'm gonna have to blame it on shoddy workmanship. Haha. Just kidding. I'm kind of thinking that since the problem has persisted that the problem might have been caused by the bump, not the water. Plus you are still breaking it in. I think you just knocked something loose. I don't know man, I hope you get it figured out though.

I'm gonna have to blame it on shoddy workmanship. Haha. Just kidding. I'm kind of thinking that since the problem has persisted that the problem might have been caused by the bump, not the water. Plus you are still breaking it in. I think you just knocked something loose. I don't know man, I hope you get it figured out though.

Lol I thought everything went pretty smooth personally :P

But yea ill get a better look this afternoon, it raining yesterday didn't help and it was still wet this morning outside so I doubt anything got the chance to dry out.

Might have ingested some water best thing pull a few plugs and crank it over, check the air filter and change the oil so you don't run the risk of water oil mix in the pan! Then get it nice and warm under the hood and dry it out!

Edited by ssfast (see edit history)