Hit big bump with water

The_aSSet

alright so I went over everything and found some wire drier stuff and sprayed whatever i could down. then ran half a can of seafoam through the intakewith the engine running, lots of smoke out the back and then went for some spirited driving(first time ever on the new engine) felt ALOT better power wise but i still feel like its hesitating so im gonna change the spark plugs this weekand and change the oil tomorrow and see if that helps with that. so more good news than bad, plus i finally got my cowl hood on :)

When my knock sensors went south it was due to water getting down there. And it always started and ran, just ran bad. It kept retarding the timing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

No cel?

When i power washed My engine like an idiot, it ruined my knock sensors. It took 2 weeks for the CEL to start coming on, but once it started, it would come on about 30 mins after clearing the code without fail.

Hope you get it figured out.

When my knock sensors went south it was due to water getting down there. And it always started and ran, just ran bad. It kept retarding the timing

^^^ samething with me on a 05 I used to have, and I got a CEL also that came on.

Here's a video of what its doing for anyone curious

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid637.photobucket.com/albums/uu100/blueSSS1234/20121206_054104.mp4

Edited by The_aSSet (see edit history)

No cel?

I got a CEL for it. Is clear it and within 5 minutes it would be back. The knock sensors corrode. The fix is change both sensors and wire that goes to them. Then silicone the sealing cups into place to prevent future water getting in there.