Door Sill Plates

Cramer

This is in reply to this thread: http://www.silverado...or-sill-plates/

I finally got my stuff around and pricing straightened out.

First off the sill plates will be offered in a full set of 4 only. This includes 2-front, and 2 rear. They will be offered in 3 finishes and 2 styles. All parts are laser cut out of .090" 6061-T6 aluminum with a cut tolerance of +.015/.000. I do not have any pics of the actual part due to the fact that the price to have one set or all of them cut out is very expensive out of my pocket. I can assure you that they will be finished to my high quality of finish, and will have the double sided adhesive tape included.

Styles:

The first style will have the SS emblem (Our SS) laser cut in the center of both the front and rear sill plates.

The second style is a plain (no cut out) style for those who don't want the emblem or those with clones or other Silverado's.

Both styles have the same dimensions and have radius corners.

Finishes:

Both styles will be offered in 3 finishes.

The first finish will be High Polished. This process involves removing scratches from handling by sanding through various grits, and two to three cut and polishing steps. This is done with professional equipment with high quality wheels and compounds.

The second finish will be a Brushed Aluminum finish. This finish will be dull looking with an even surface finish.

The third finish is a Mill finish. This is similar to the brushed finish but the parts will have some minor surface imperfections and scratches that happen during the manufacturing and handling process. This finish will be perfect for someone who wants to have them powder coated, painted, hydro-dipped (by MillerSS) or anodized.

Note: Due to the fact that peoples taste and colors of powder coating, no other finishes will be available through me. It is your responsibility to finish and or add to the products that I offer. The mill finish parts will not come with the adhesive attached but will be included in the package so that if the buyer wants to have them finished they will not have to remove the tape.

Pricing

All parts are priced without shipping. All shipping materials are provided by me. Shipping is a flat rate of $14.65 in the lower 48. If you live out side of the 48 please send me your address so I can get you a price on shipping.

Sill plates With SS cutout.

1. Polished- $75
  2. Brushed- $60
  3. Mill- $50

Sill plates WITH NO cutout.

4. Polished- $60

5. Brushed- $50

6. Mill- $40

I only accept PayPal as payment. My PayPal address is: [email protected]

Include the number from above from style and finish along with your screen name, real name, and shipping info.

If you have any questions on these feel free to PM me! I do work a lot of hours and have a family so I will try my hardest to get a response to you right away.

Pics below are some examples of the polishing. I will be offering a few other dress up items soon!

***These are available for purchase at any time now! I will try to keep a few on hand to keep the wait time down. If I don't have any on hand the wait on the parts to get to me is roughly a week + the time of finishing.

post-17939-0-90023200-1354819536_thumb.jpg

post-17939-0-69649900-1354819597_thumb.jpg

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want a set. Im gonna hit up Millers and see what he can do with them. Otherwise ill just get a polished set, but there isnt any chrome on my truck and i think it would look better painted or dipped. But definitely count me in for a set. Ill PM you once i decide which set to get. Ill be quick with the decision so i can get some money your way so you know im a serious buyer.

I am in for a set of the fully polished with the SS emblem. Just shoot me a pm with paypal info when your ready to get these things rolling

hey bud PayPal info's in the post. ?I'm getting some myself Edited by KrausMotorSports (see edit history)

I want a set. Im gonna hit up Millers and see what he can do with them. Otherwise ill just get a polished set, but there isnt any chrome on my truck and i think it would look better painted or dipped. But definitely count me in for a set. Ill PM you once i decide which set to get. Ill be quick with the decision so i can get some money your way so you know im a serious buyer.

Would you please keep me in the loop as far as what miller says/costs as I to want to go that route.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ok so i have talked with sinr and he had a good idea for people wanting them dipped or painted. He can just send them straight to me and then i can do watever design on them and then send them out to the owners. Saves alot of time and hassle shipping them all over. Anyone wanting them dipped, they will be 40 per set shipped in any color or pattern. To see patterns i get go to filmpatterns.com . Some patterns i will have to order in and will take a week to get in. Pm wat Patten you would like. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I am in for a set of the fully polished with the SS emblem. Just shoot me a pm with paypal info when your ready to get these things rolling

All the info is in the blue writing in the original post. Thanks Butch

Ok so i have talked with sinr and he had a good idea for people wanting them dipped or painted. He can just send them straight to me and then i can do watever design on them and then send them out to the owners. Saves alot of time and hassle shipping them all over. Anyone wanting them dipped, they will be 40 per set shipped in any color or pattern. To see patterns i get go to filmpatterns.com . Some patterns i will have to order in and will take a week to get in. Pm wat Patten you would like. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I figured that this would save shipping costs from going to and from the same place two times. As you most have seen Miller does some very good work.

I'm in for a set too but woul like to have an idea of what the finishes look like

Well the polished finish is a mirror like finish similar to chrome but not as deep. The difference between the Brushed and Mill finish can vary but for the most part the mill finish is straight from the mill and how the parts are cut are way they are sent out. Here is an example I found on a search.

http://polescentral.acuitybrands.com/OurProducts/Finishes/AluminumFinish/BrushedFinishedforAluminumPoles.aspx

So if Millers is gonna dip them, are you sure we want milled? Or would brushed be better? I just don't want him to have to do any sanding or anything like that. I want them clean and ready to roll so it's easiest for him.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

In order to paint them the surface will have to be scuffed more than what a brushed finish will have. He will prob use a DA to scuff up the surface to a 400 or so prior to painting the primer or base. The brushed finish is a consistant finish in the direction of the grain in the material. For the paint to adhere the surface will be finished in a random pattern.