Finally my Gaylords is on my truck

After almost 4 months since I order my Gaylords it is finally on my truck. It took almost 2 months to get it and when it got here it had $276.00 worth of damage. I decided to keep it and fix it and submit a claim for the freight company, Claim for Watkins trucking company takes 30-45 days to complete, needless to say I still haven't got my money but I fixed already. While they painted my lid I took off my vents and they painted them for me to match the hood inlets. Gaylords definetly is in need of a new freight company. The place were I ordered the lid offer me a new one but I thought about waiting another 2 months with no garantees that the new lid wasn't going to be damaged too.

463431_20_full.jpg

463431_21_full.jpg

463431_22_full.jpg

:D Nice. I have the same ram air hood on my truck. I wonder is there is anyway too take the mess part of the scoops and get them chromed? I have a black truck and I think that would look awesome with the 5 peice chrome grills, having the scoops chromed, just the inlet parts. Love what you did with yours, compliments the red very well. :chevy:

After almost 4 months since I order my Gaylords it is finally on my truck. It took almost 2 months to get it and when it got here it had $276.00 worth of damage. I decided to keep it and fix it and submit a claim for the freight company, Claim for Watkins trucking company takes 30-45 days to complete, needless to say I still haven't got my money but I fixed already. While they painted my lid I took off my vents and they painted them for me to match the hood inlets. Gaylords definetly is in need of a new freight company. The place were I ordered the lid offer me a new one but I thought about waiting another 2 months with no garantees that the new lid wasn't going to be damaged too.

463431_20_full.jpg

463431_21_full.jpg

463431_22_full.jpg

Your wheels look bad ass, are they 22's? Could you get a better side angle pic of the hole truck so we can see both wheels? Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

Your wheels look bad ass, are they 22's? Could you get a better side angle pic of the hole truck so we can see both wheels? Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

Here you go rdss hope this pic is better for you!, They are 20 x 8.5 not 22 sorry.

463431_23_full.jpg

That looks sweet, even if they arent 22's. If you did the 2/3 drop from McGuaghy's, that would just finish off the look of your truck. You might have just swayed me from getting the 22" replicas and to stay with 20" AR thrusters. I had 17" polished aluminum on my '00 Silverado.

That looks sweet, even if they arent 22's.  If you did the 2/3 drop from McGuaghy's, that would just finish off the look of your truck.  You might have just swayed me from getting the 22" replicas and to stay with 20" AR thrusters.  I had 17" polished aluminum on my '00 Silverado.

I have the 17 polished on my wife's camaro, you can see them in the picture on top. in the garage, weel almost it is right next to my truck.

Thats the same lid I was thinking of buying but I've seen some posts on here that it rubs the bed rails... Is this true??? I have the bed ryno lined but not the rails... Sorry about all the trouble.... Is that the standard time from gaylord to get a lit??? sounds like they have some issuses.. but they make awsome looking lids

Jim

I have one, but havent noticed any rubbing yet, the underside where it touches in carpeted, so I would think that over time it will chaff, but, I also had a frame mounted one from another brand that rubbed threw the paint to the metal.

truck looks great...thats a nice lid, right now i'm deciding between that one and the snugtop SL.

also, how well do those lights work? plug and play?  and do they put out more light?

Yeah, the lights are plug and play. as far as light for me is about the same I do have sylvanias silverstars and they look awsome with this new headlights.

Looks sharp. :thumbs: Sorry to hear about your shipping damage. Mine was damaged too, :banghead: but since I bought it thru a local shop they fixed it free of charge. You should have had them remove the rear center mount placard, while you were getting it repainted.

I have had my cover since early February. Best looking low profile cover (with speedstur wing), which is more resistant to leaks. Fits over SSS tailgate cap. Best hinge system. Battery light is useless. Double circular locks work, but are a pain. Needs electric lock mechanism. No scratches to top rail.

My cover is still bowing in the heat up about 1/2" to 3/4", but returns to flat at night. No paint or fiberglass cracks yet. Underside carpet is loose in a couple of spots. Probably going to challenge their lifetime warranty before the end of the year.

Rick R

Archived