ok so i have everything i need to do my cam and stall, except fuel pump. i got some flex fuel 36# injectors but i cant find the part number for the walbro pump. i need the in tank walbro 255. can somebody give me a part number or tell me where the best place to buy one is? i need it by saturday because thats when the cam is going in. thanks guys.

on a return style system, I've had the stock pump to 504 at the wheels and it only started to drop off at 7000, so i would venture to say you'll be fine. last i heard SUPERSUB was running a stock flexfuel pump on his TVS 427 monster at over 700 to the wheels. Guys don't give the stock pumps enough credit.

so yall think i will be good with the stock pump? im not pulling it past 6500 and the injectors are only 36# is mine a return style fuel system? its a 07 classic. my friend zach (zachm89) told me that i needed a bigger one, but maybe thats cause he wanted me to buy his lol. if the stock will work fine then that is perfect cause i wasnt looking forward to dropping the tank or pulling the bed. thanks guys

You dont have a return style system. 2003 had a return style and then from there they went with return less setups. If you are concerned with fuel, and plan to add more power then a inline Pump wouldnt be a bad idea. That would cover you from having to go either return style or adding a intake pump.

I always add a inline pump when I mod as a precaution so I know I have the fuel as I always continue with the mods being added. Like said the factory pump will be ok but if you plan do more add ons I would do a Walbro 255 inline pump.

FYI.... I had a stock fuel pump in my 91 Camaro backed by a Walbro 255 inline pump. The car had a 406 SBC Stroker that made a little over 600 HP to the wheels. I ran it this way from 2005 until I sold the car last year and never ran out of fuel.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

You will be fine on the stock pump. I am running a TSP-228R with 42# injectors on the factory pump. The stock pump is sufficient. Just do the injectors and call it a day....

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

absolutely fine, like i said, this fuel pump thing is an Internet band wagon that has been repeated so many times its becoming truth...much like the stock exhaust pipes and rod bolts aren't good enough.

although if you had to buy one, Zach would be a guy to buy it from. Tell him to stop around here more

what 36# injectors? Flex fuel?

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Yeah i got some flex fuel injectors. they came off a nnbs intake that had the same part number as a tbss. Zach is a busy guy. He just got me a 850$ converter for 650$ so i guess you can say hes a good guy to know haha. thanks for the help guys much appreciated. :thumbsup::peelout:

Oh, one more question. My tuner is always really busy (or hes never at his shop in other words) and last time i had him do a retune it took over two months to get him to do it. i can get a hold of him easier now and im sure it wont take long for him to get to it this time, but what parts can i run without a tune? i know it wont run too good but its my DD and i need it everyday. what parts are safe for me to run with the tune thats on it now? its an hptuners tune btw.

You need adapters for the flex fuel injectors don't you? aren't they like ev6 connectors or something?

i would not run ANY cam or injector change without a retune. Buy an extra pcm and have him tune that one for the change so you can drive the truck with out the new tune and then swap the pcm in right away with the new tune. Back in the day when i had mail order tunes, not email, i had 3 pcm's for my truck so i could run 2 tire sizes and always have a spare to send to my tuner for updates.

im not sure about the injectors i havent looked at them yet next to the stockers. ill check tomorrow. im thinking he can throw something together to get it to where it will run okay till he has the time to really tune it. this weekend is the big weekend. thursday the stall is going in and saturday and sunday mayne is the cam and all

You can drive the truck with a convertor and a cam for a short while without a issue. I drove my car right after a procharger, exhaust, cam and 3200 convertor for a month without any issue. Minus a check engine light which is normal... Just drive it normal and not like a jerk and you will be fine.

Check those injector connectors out. If you need pigtails it can hold you up on your daily driver. And yeah....don't drive a truck with a cam and injector change with out a tune for at least the correct injector files. When it tries to correct it will have no idea what it's doing. Will the motor survive on a mild set up, yeah, but it's just not right. Hopefully he can get you that update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2