Random pics of the SS

where did you get your grille?

Got it off a member here

Get some billet wheels! Small lip in the front big lip in the back! If mine doesnt sell ima lower it more and look into sending mine back wheels to get re-hopped whit a 6" lip or so.

Mine's AWD, I can't have staggered fitment even though I want it soooo badly.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn!! Your truck looked terrible when u got it man lol. It sits clean a-f as is tho,I say go pearl white,is something I really want for my Ss but it would cost me an arm to get it painted...I'm pretty anal when it comes to paint.

• 3 weeks later...

Very clean truck, that cladding makes it looks so much lower than 4/6 lol looks great

Thanks man, isn't the SS an inch lower than normal silverados anyway? so it's actually sitting 5/7 technically I guess. Anyways, I'm planning on bringing her down another inch this summer.

Thanks man, isn't the SS an inch lower than normal silverados anyway? so it's actually sitting 5/7 technically I guess. Anyways, I'm planning on bringing her down another inch this summer.

They sit the same as 2wd, only way they could be any lower is if the came factory with drop shackles but I don't think they do..when you put the drop, you flip the axle which is 6" and unless you add drop blocks or shackles it is still gonna be 6" so it'll be 4/6 unless you add anything else to it, ss cladding makes it appear about 2" lower since it hangs down past the body

The only true way to measure amount of drop is to measure fender to hub (bottom of fender lip to center of center cap)..stock fender to hub is 19.5 front and 21.5 rear

Looks sick anyway and will be even better at 5/7-8

Edited by white03ecsb (see edit history)

Good points. I have helper bags coming soon within a week or so. I was thinking of removing the overload leaf when I go to install them to get a lil extra drop out of it, then later in the summer probably get drop shackles and LCA's. Then probably put the torsion keys back to stock.

Now that tax returns are coming soon within a month or two, I'm starting to seriously shop for some wheels for the truck but I'm having a hell of a time deciding on what to get. I definitely want 22x9 or 22x9.5. I know I need at least roughly a 24mm offset for 9" wide or a 29mm offset" with the 9.5 wide. Been thinking about maybe getting boss 330 wheels again. So many options out there though lol.

Good points. I have helper bags coming soon within a week or so. I was thinking of removing the overload leaf when I go to install them to get a lil extra drop out of it, then later in the summer probably get drop shackles and LCA's. Then probably put the torsion keys back to stock.

Now that tax returns are coming soon within a month or two, I'm starting to seriously shop for some wheels for the truck but I'm having a hell of a time deciding on what to get. I definitely want 22x9 or 22x9.5. I know I need at least roughly a 24mm offset for 9" wide or a 29mm offset" with the 9.5 wide. Been thinking about maybe getting boss 330 wheels again. So many options out there though lol.

Helpers are the way to go, I love mine

I'm planning on getting some 3" djm lca's for mine along with my 2" spindles and go back to stock keys decranked 1" and be 6/9.5

As for wheels, if you can swing the extra $$ billets are the way to go imo even used billets are worth it as you can get them rehooped pretty cheap for any backspacing/width you need

Just something to think about

Man with that much drop how can you drive it lol. With my drop any slight ramp/angle I come within an inch of scraping (my exhaust scrapes a ton) lol. I know billets are very nice, but our roads are just so incredibly shitty up here, and I am still in college so it's quite a bit out of my price range. I was thinking of spending maybe around 2500-2800 for wheels/tires. The 22x9 boss 330 with 32mm offset and a set of nitto 420 in 265/35/22 (I think thats the tire size I need for this drop?) came out to about 2363 for me. Shipping to canada screws me over. I'll likely have to pay duty/brokerage on top of that.

Lol I scrape frame everywhere! I hear you on the shitty roads, ours are here too and it makes it tough to drive a lowered truck haha

boss 330s are good looking wheels though, I want billets pretty bad for mine but with the roads being so bad here I don't think it's such a wise decision until it is no longer my daily

And yes, 265/35/22 will be the size you will need

Man the cladding goes below the frame for us I think haha I would die a little inside hearing my cladding scrape.

I'll keep shopping around I guess. I like the boss 330 but already had em so don't wanna do that again kind of, know what i mean?

Yea I hear that, I would love some cladding but not this low haha

Imo do tbss replicas in either competition grey tapatalk_1337841897797.jpg

or polished, they would look badass on your truck

I think that'll be my next set of wheels in either comp grey, polished, or chrome

And you can actually order them from tony @tbssowners (norcalss) on here

Yeah the TBSS were my second option. I cant decide wether or not I want big dish wheels. Comp Gray isn't bad, it'd match my emblems that i've painted a bit darker (charcoal). It's such a bland color though =/

I think with chrome wheels though, it needs dish kinda. goes hand in hand

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)