Shiftkit and servo question

For those of you that have the Hd2 transgo and servo upgrade how do you have it setup. I put the vett servo in with the 2 big brass washers or spaceres and shifts like it's not rven there. I put it back to stock servo and spacers or washers and it's a little better but still not right. Can someone please shed a little light here. How do you set it up so it shifts harder. It don't even shift like there's a kit in it. Thanks guys. Jason

i had my dealership i work for install the hd2 kit by my understanding(by what tech told me) there are 3 modes((street for better mpg,,street/strip frimer shifts,,strip for neck breaking shifts. this is my understanding of it could be wrong)) you set it for base on where the checkballs are i set my up for street/strip gives for frim shifts i also did the vette and overdrive servos at the same time

and there was a HUGE differnce

The guy at the dealership set it ip for street and strip. It feels no diff than stock. I put the vett servo in and it was worse. There are also 2 big washers in there on top of the servo and an Etta spring in side the big spring that you have to take apart. It's killing me I can't figure this out. It's really soft.

They didnt put it in I found in under my seat. It's the vett servo from Oregon performance. It put it in myself because they didn't. My understanding was this with the hd2 kit was an upgrade. It was so bad I took it back out and put stock back in. Can you explain to me if those 2 big washers need to even be in there or what can be wrong. I would really appreciate it.

They didnt put it in I found in under my seat. It's the vett servo from Oregon performance. It put it in myself because they didn't. My understanding was this with the hd2 kit was an upgrade. It was so bad I took it back out and put stock back in. Can you explain to me if those 2 big washers need to even be in there or what can be wrong. I would really appreciate it.

what washers exactly and did u get the overdrive servo to

Okay, I've installed the TCI billet 2nd and 4th servos and the HD2 kit myself. If you do the servos alone the Trans will hit like a mother at WOT but not to bad a partially open throttle. If you install the washers from the HD2 kit in the Trans that will affect the firmness of the shifts at partially open throttle. These washers sit in the bottom of a cup that's bolted to the separator plate that your check balls sit in (you'll see it as soon as you pull the Trans pan) to help suppress the sping inside and preload it so it'll snap the shift. I just put one washer in and it's god damn snappy, sometimes too snappy and I can hear my driveline clunk :-( they must not have installed that stiffer spring OR any washers because you would notice FOR SURE. I'd be questioning there work. In all honesty you could install it yourself and be okay, that way you KNOW it's done right and just the way you want it. Just make sure you don't loose those little check valves. Feel free to pm me.

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

The washer he is referring to have nothing to do with the 1-2 accumulator piston. He has already indicated that they are on the servo. Here is a picture of them from some random online person. They have nothing to do with making the shift soft. Something has been done incorrectly to make it shift that way.

IMG_0931.jpg

The washer he is referring to have nothing to do with the 1-2 accumulator piston. He has already indicated that they are on the servo. Here is a picture of them from some random online person. They have nothing to do with making the shift soft. Something has been done incorrectly to make it shift that way.

IMG_0931.jpg

Ahh this makes sense. I only kept the servo pin and a couple clips, everything else was after market.