TBSS intake swap

rdavid0412

you need an xlink.. definately

you need to get yoru stock fuel rail cut and adapted to fit over the larger TBSS intake.. OR

use the TBSS fuel rails, but put in an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator (please dont try to do the vette filter trick.. didnt work too well).

you dont need to change the injectors.. you can use your injectors, and thus dont need any plugs, splicing, etc.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/tbss-intake-99-02-a-459296/

oh.. your engine cover will not fit on top of the tbss.. the MAP sensor is in the location of your stock screw hole.

Dang, thanks for the information. How can you lose power on doing the swap? all the info i have seen and heard is that they are more efficient and most applications gain up to 20hpand torque? This is also going on a boosted application

Keep in mind my truck lost 10 HP/TQ when going to the TBSS intake. Something about the stock runner length is optimized for the truck application. I think a FAST por FAST replica is best bet... whats the cheap version of FAST intake? I forget

I have not dyno'd this intake my self but how did you lose hp on it when your at least using a 90mm tb? Who is doing your tuning? What was the temp when you dyno'd your lq9 intake vs the tbss intake? What where your iat's when you dyno'd each? Your sig says ls2 intake not tbss, are you using the ls2 car intake or tbss intake? Are you using the 90mm tb and x link? Was this before or after your cam? did you change anything else between testing the lq9 intake and the tbss intake? What rpm did you peak at for both intakes?

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Ok, heres what I'm doing so far. I have the 8pin to 6pin x-link ordered. I am using my stock rails and crossover. The injectors I am using are tall enough to allow me to use it so far. As for the rails, the tabs are trimmed so they dont hit the intake. I am also having adapters made to secure the rails to the intake. What about the MAP? Can I just cut the harness loom open and is their enough wire to go from the old rear location to the middle where the new location is?

What intake gaskets do i use?

I have not dyno'd this intake my self but how did you lose hp on it when your at least using a 90mm tb? Who is doing your tuning? What was the temp when you dyno'd your lq9 intake vs the tbss intake? What where your iat's when you dyno'd each? Your sig says ls2 intake not tbss, are you using the ls2 car intake or tbss intake? Are you using the 90mm tb and x link? Was this before or after your cam? did you change anything else between testing the lq9 intake and the tbss intake? What rpm did you peak at for both intakes?

My results pretty much followed this: http://www.hotrod.co...es_small_block/ And yes I have the Dr. X adaptor harness. The only thing that changed is I went from my stock intake setup to my current intake setup and lost the same 10HP they lost in the article doing the same mod. I went from LQ9 to TBSS intake. Period.

As for the LS2 configuration-fahgetaboutit! Despite a larger 90mm throttle body, when compared to the best headers/cats/truck intake configuration the LS2 manifold was down nearly 8 hp and 7 lb-ft at the peak and 6.7 hp and 9 lb-ft on average.
Edited by matt 2k12 (see edit history)

so do you actually have before and after #'s to prove your statement? actual physical evidence other than an article? thats what shadowsniper is getting at here..... because its been proven over and over the TBSS intake gain 10-20 rwhp/tq on a N/a setup over the lq9 intake. granted fullcircle is running a procharger, he should still gain the same