Hydroboost

Sirbutler

I will tell you now the foot pedal is a PITA. oh wow I did tackled getting the factory pedal out. it was a pain to get to the bolt. I hope whoever does this has patience you can lose it doing this. Im just glad Im done with it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you now the foot pedal is a PITA. oh wow I did tackled getting the factory pedal out. it was a pain to get to the bolt. I hope whoever does this has patience you can lose it doing this. Im just glad Im done with it.

Hey Shawn,

Would it be worth taking the seat out to make it easier to get to the pedal or is that too much work?

Hey Shawn,

Would it be worth taking the seat out to make it easier to get to the pedal or is that too much work?

Um if I had the battery and all the wiring still in the truck I would have removed the seat. but sense the truck is ripped down I really had no choice other than leave it in there. its only 4 bolts but would have made it easier to lay on my back instead of having to bend in there all weird. just glad I'm a smaller guy. so if got the job done. but would be a bit easier IMO.

Um if I had the battery and all the wiring still in the truck I would have removed the seat. but sense the truck is ripped down I really had no choice other than leave it in there. its only 4 bolts but would have made it easier to lay on my back instead of having to bend in there all weird. just glad I'm a smaller guy. so if got the job done. but would be a bit easier IMO.

Thanks for the comeback Shawn. :thumbsup:

hey shawn,

did you use a hydroboost P/S pump? are you able to use the factory mount for the different pump,or do you got to change the mount to??

or did you just T-off the factory pump?

I'm sure Shawn will reply, but I used the stock pump and t'd off it

I'm sure Shawn will reply, but I used the stock pump and t'd off it

JW cause i just bought the majorty of the hyrdoboost unit from a member on here besides the P/S pump cause the seal on mine is leaking so i figure i might aswell replace it with the hydroboost P/S pump

also no extra/different mounting or bolts that are needed to make the brake pedal fit?just need the new pedal and can use all exsiting hardware?

thanks for the info guys

Hey guys I just got my hydroboost from a 2000 chevy 2500 pickup and noticed the mounting plate only has 4 studs on it instead of the traditiomal 5 has anyone ever noticed this?.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2